When The Wind Blows

We ate our meal, me turning to Courtney the entire time and Riley turning to someone else. I didn't notice who, I tried not to pay much attention. I looked up once or twice and saw Riley looking at me with fleeting glances while Imogen scowled at me from across the table.

"How did you say Lukas got that black eye?" Courtney leaned in towards me and Lukas gave me this pleadig look which made me smile and look straight at Courtney and lie to her face (which I hated doing).

"Somebody tried to take my bag and he defended my honour and got it back" I smiled and bobbed my head to side in fake excitement and pride, Lukas coughed and looked at the floor. I saw the girl sat next to him point in his ear about how brave and gallant his behaviour was. It made him look very uncomfortable.

"Wow, your boy is just so brave you know?" A girl with blonde hair who's name I remember was Jennifer smiled like the Cheshire cat showing her hideous bright yellow braces in the world. I nodded expectantly and then realised I had called Lukas my boyfriend.

"You two are together now?" Riley asked way too nonchalantly without even looking in my general direction, he could have at least had the good decency to look at me. I scowled and snapped back.

"Has it got anything to do with you?" Suddenly the table hushed and a couple of people muttered under their breath before stopping conversation and looking at us, us two talking but refusing to look at each other.

"Obviously not, you moved on pretty fast" He shoved another mouthful of potato in his mouth and swallows without chewing, I turned my chair scraping it backwards so it hit his knee. He screeched out an is as I laughed like he had made some hilarious joke.

"I moved on fast, at least I waited until we were finished before I jumped into bed with someone else" I hissed venemously. He choked on his potato before turning his shocked face to me with a hint of red growing in his face to show the anger he was trying to supress.

"You've slept with him?!" He couldn't surpress the anger in his voice however, and I could see his fists tightly gripping the seat beneath him.

"Like you haven't slept with her!" Riley leant forward and his face was somehow near mine and he was growling at me like some kind of animal, and oddly I found this heated angry side to Riley incredibly attractive.

his arms were flexing from stress and the beat of his ear was pounding in his neck and his teeth were showing. I was stuck on looking into his eyes, but I wasn't happy with him. Far from it! He lets me go two months without a phone call or a meeting or even an almost amicable phone call, it was pathetic. And he had the haul to call me easy for him thinking I'd had sex with Lukas... Even though I hadn't it was fun to see him squirm.

"Yes, and the first time was in that wonderful wooden wonderland tree palace of ours" Imogen had stood up and was glaring at Riley and also smirking knowing that I would understand what she was saying immediately. Courtney did too, an days didn't make any attempt to calm down, she stood up and slowly spoke threateningly clear so that every syllable was announced.

"You sick little bitch. Her dad spent time building that tree house for us three when we were younger and you've defaced it and made it dirty. It's like criminal damage Imogen! No wonder Riley wants Sophie back when he's stuck with a filthy whore like you" There were a few oohs and gasps from various people before Scott stood up and casually turned to Riley.

"Realised you ended up with the thorns rather than the rose aye Riley? I would say I'm sorry but I'm really not" Riley jumped up like he'd been branded and our table was gathering more and more attention now that four people were standing and yelling abuse at each other. The teachers were stock still with shock and sunned at the turn of events.