La Fin

~ After 1 month ~

~ Nick's P.O.V. ~

The Cat & The Dog, was written on the sign above the abandoned building, which had once been a wild nightclub.

I opened the squeaky door, limping slowly into the dark room with a few rays of sunlight coming through the boards that blocked the windows.

Why the hell did Lavender want us to meet here? I thought to myself, grumbling loudly as my chewed leg bumped into an armchair I had not noticed before.

Lavender had arranged to meet here a week ago, on my last day in the hospital. I went into the men's room and saw on the mirror in front of the bathroom that was written in a light purple lipstick, "The Cat & The Dog, in seven days at 10 am. XOXO."

I was happy that I had finally received a message from her. Every moment I didn't hear anything new I was worried about, and all the worst things that could happen to her came to mind.

I had to be hospitalized there because the physical damage caused by torture and physical exertion was so bad, that the doctors were surprised that I was still alive.

I was told I couldn't work anymore. My injuries were too strong, and now I have to take care of myself until I recover, hoping that in the future I will be able to join the police again.

Unless I'll have other plans.

"Watch out, this place might fall on us, you know. You just started to recover, you don't want your body to fall apart completely, kid." I heard Enzo's familiar voice emerge from the shadows.

"Enzo, where the hell have you gone to?" I asked, looking at his shaven face and his thoughtful eyes.

"I had to organize things with the police." He shrugged, "All sorts of tasks Lavender and Naeva made me do, and I also looked over Jenny."

"How is she?" I asked, a little hesitant.

Jenny doesn't want to talk to me or look at me anymore. I knew why she was angry - because I choose Lavender over her. She knew how much I loved Lavender, and I was sad that she didn't care.

"She's okay, I mean, she's mentally hurt, but I'll be there for her. I know how important she is to you, and I promise to keep my eye on her while you will be gone." Enzo folded his hands on his arms and looked at me sorrowfully.

"Thank you, I really appreciate what you're doing, and that you're doing what I can't do right now." I replied, my voice shaking a little. It hurt me so much that Jenny doesn't want to be in touch with me anymore... But that seems to be what she wants. If she needs time, I'll give it to her.

"You do not have to thank him, he's just trying to fuck her." I heard Lavender's hoarse voice coming from the center of the room.

"Lavender." I said, limping slowly toward her, ignoring the butterflies that appeared in my stomach.

"I guess that's the end." Lavender said, taking a drag on her cigarette as she sat in a chair in the middle of the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, approaching her slowly.

"Memorising everything in my mind before we go. I want to remember everything." She said thoughtfully.

"You'll miss it, huh? The stress, excitement, everything." I replied, still limping slowly until I stood in front of her.

"Yes. How Jenny reacted? You told her you were leaving, did you?" She replied, still not bothering to look at me.

"I'm sure she'll be okay, she has her family, they'll keep her and make sure she will not do anything stupid." I shrugged, "I know that right now I can't be around her. She doesn't want to talk to me, not after what happened..." I let my words fade into the air.

Lavender finally looked at me, her black eyes expressing nothing of what she felt.

"Are you sure you want to do this? To leave everything, to leave Jasper behind? Will you give up all this because of me?"

"For you." I correct her, bending over her and stroking her cheek, "I told you already - I chose you, there is no one else that is more important to me than you."

"I can't bring you children." She said, the sadness had filtered into her voice.

I kissed her lips gently, looking deep into her black eyes that always glittered like precious stone.

"You're enough for me. If you want children, I won't have a problem to adopt. The only thing that interests me is your happiness."

She kissed my lips, and I could feel the smile on her lips as she whispered, "Je t'aime, Grand Garçon."

"Je t'aime, Amélie."

The church doors opened abruptly, and through them came the bride who was walking toward the seemingly happy groom, her white dress like a pure white path behind her, while the veil conceals the truth on her cold face

Hmm... No. Not good.

I clicked my tongue, shaking my head from side to side, playing the pen with my fingers quickly as I erase and change some of the things I wrote on the yellow page.

Something is missing.

"How poetic, my dear cousin." Enzo whispered in my ear, looking at my handwriting and the contents of my writing, "I didn't know you can write. Where is Nick?"

"I didn't wanted you to know." I rolled my eyes, continuing to write and describe what I had seen.

The white walls almost dazzled the eyes, hiding secrets that would soon break out free. The groom stands under the white canopy, a slick smile concealing a secret spread over his lips.

"Nick is getting ready for the trip."

If only he knew what was going to happen. If only-

"I didn't know you were that dramatic." He clicked his tongue, making me sigh in frustration and close the notebook with the yellow pages in which I wrote, "Where did you decide to go at the end?"

"I'm trying to find a new hobby." I replied, "And where we decide to go, we haven't decided yet."

"A new hobby? Are you really going to retire soon?" Enzo asked, leaning back in the dark wooden bench where we sat outside The Cat & The Dog.

I chose this location because it was the first place I visited when I first came to the country. I wanted to close the circle, to part from this place until the next time I'll return.

"Yes, but it may be only temporary, you know - just to calm things down a bit. After The Boss died, a riot began - an atomic mess. I don't want to be here when they start looking for people to blame." I shrugged, "I kind of like to live, even though I love killing. How ironic."

"But writing?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Of course I always toyed with the thought of writing a book, and my life is interesting enough for me to make a book from it." I replied, playing with the pen in my hands.

He laughed, "Yes, I can imagine it - you - compromising your life to write a putain de book."

"A series of books, in fact."

"Yes, and what will you call it?" He asked, an amused spark in his eyes.

I replied with a mischievous smile of my own, and answered, "Lavender."