8: Nom de la Lavande

The heavy door opened, and through it came Lavender - her eyes furious, her body is tense. She was wearing black pants and a long black shirt with a short purple wig on her head.

He said she loved me. He means it? I thought vaguely. This strong, beautiful woman loves me?

I'm supposed to hate her for everything she did and everything she represents. But when I look at her, all I feel is-

She slammed the door behind her furiously, and came over to me, holding my knees and staring at me with her angry black gaze.

"Where is he?" She asked with a firm voice, waking me up from my thoughts and making me concentrate on her rather than her hands that is distracting me.

"Who?" I asked, though I knew who she was talking about. She really shows more feelings when I'm around...

She replied with a dark smile and said, "My lover. Where is he?"

There was a brief silence, and then my whole body shook.

Lavender looked at me with shock, taking her hands off me, and stepped away from me.

Only then I realized that I was laughing.

"Oh... Even your devoted lover has given up on you." I said in a hoarse, strange voice.

She raised her eyebrows, biting her lips with frustration. I love it when she bites her lips, I thought.

"What happened, Lavender, your plan goes to hell because your little lover boy aren't wrapped around your finger anymore?" I leaned my head back, a crazy smile formed on my lips, "He came in a few hours ago. We had an interesting conversation, me and him. He told me some fascinating things about you."

She gave me a frozen look.

"Now, now, No need to glare. I said what I thought. You're doing it all the time. Can't you deal with yourself?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and giving her a tempting smile.

She replied with a seductive smile of her own, saying in a convoluted voice, "So you know where he is, or am I just wasting my time on you?"

"It wouldn't be considered a waste of time if you were naked and riding on me." I said with a mischievous smile, and she raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"My, my, Detective Nichols. You seem to be almost begging for it." She turned to me slowly, then lowered her head to me, examining me carefully. "What did he tell you?"

"It wouldn't be wise if I show all the cards now, don't you think? You love to keep your hands close to yourself and pull them out as soon as you see an opportunity." I gave her a fake smile, and then I said, "I'll tell you what, you'll show one of your cards, and I'll show one of my own."

"You're full of surprises, Detective Nicholas. You're starting to act like..."

"Like you? Yes, I learned from the best. How do you say, 'Fight fire with fire.'"

"So we're going to set up in flames." She remarked mischievously, but her forehead was wrinkled and she seemed to be deep in thought. Then she said steadily, "What do you want to know?"