7: Une Réunion

"Jenny? What do you mean?! What's her connection to The Boss?" I asked, completely frightened. Could she have worked with The Boss all this time? No, it doesn't make sense. Who the hell could be The Boss? There were no signs of it! But Jenny...

The thoughts ran through my mind, not giving me rest. I didn't know what to think about what had happened, and even less about what was told about Jenny.

"Who's The Boss, her fiance?" Lavender asked casually.

Will nodded, "As I said, maybe he's just taking advantage of her, I can't believe she's cooperating with him, at least not knowingly."

"Wait a minute. So you're telling me Tim is The Boss? Tim, the rich kid? Tim, the good boy? Tim?" I was in shock. It doesn't make sense to me that Tim might be The Boss - he doesn't fit the profile at all.

Or that's what he'd like to make me think.

"Tim is just the name he gave you, it's a fake name, and I wouldn't be surprised if any other information he gave you is also fake." Will replied.

"I'm gonna fuck that shit out of shape." I said, beginning to feel the anger burning inside me. Chances are he used Jenny all the time for God knows what.

I warned him that if he'll hurt her I would kill him.

"Darken," groaned one of the thugs who had already got up, "the police will soon find us, we must blow up the place and before that we need to escape."

"Hmm, you're right, then," Will turned to Lavender, "I have an offer for you."

"I am listening." Lavender said seriously.

"Help me and I'll help you, that's my condition." His emotionless eyes had a spark of unexplained emotion.

"To help you with what?" She asked.

"I can help you find your sister." He ignored her question.

She twisted her lips, "Are you really going to betray her like this? You just said you wouldn't hurt her." She said contemptuously.

"I will not hurt her."

"You expect me to do the dirty work for you." Lavender said angrily, "That I'll hurt my sister-"

"We need to hurry up." Said the bully who had managed to recover and looked at Lavender with hatred.

"I don't make deals that I don't know how they'll end, so I reject your offer." She continued furiously.

"What a pity, I thought we could work together." Will shook his head with disappointed, "I heard them say you fell in love. I didn't believed them, but now when I see it with my own eyes..." He looked at me, "I'm inclined to believe them. Lavender, you're getting weaker. You are no longer that strong and respected leader." He sighed with disappointment.

"On the contrary, a weak leader would have accept your offer, and I insist on my principles." She replied confidently.

Will smiled at her with a little amusement, and said coldly, "Are your principles more important than the people in your life? What will happen when you'll have to decide between the life of your lover and The Boss?"

"I will insist on my principles." She answered immediately, which hurt me. I gave up my principles for her because I love her.

Was that a mistake?... She doesn't really need me. I'm not contributing to her in any way.

He clicked his tongue, "You disappoint me." He shook his head and smiled, "You don't know that, at least not until it happens to you."

"That's my answer, I'll stand up to my principles, no matter what. If I don't follow my principles, who am I going to be?" She said in amazement.