épilogue

~ 2 months later ~

I walked slowly through the corridors of the body room, examining the body in front of me.

The Boss. He's finally dead.

I felt the smile spread over my face, and the smugness taking over me.

"Jasper, you've done your work faithfully. Thank you for manipulating Lavender and Nick. Who would have thought I could trick Lavender?"

Jasper - my lieutenant - was standing next to me, his expressionless face and glittering green eyes not showing emotion as he looked at the body of The Boss that laid in front of me.

"She didn't think I would betray her for you. In fact there were moments when I myself hesitated, but then I remembered where I came from and that I owe you."

I felt the satisfied smile spread across my face when I said, "And don't forget it, otherwise you'll pay for it. You and your brother. Nick, right?" I ran my hand over the cold, pale hand of The Boss, picking it up and examining the ring on his finger.

The silver ring gleamed in the fluorescent lights. The ring was in the form of a snake eating its tail - Ouroboros, with a purple gem in his eye.

"Idiot. He loved his daughter, after all. Lavender. Amélie. He kept her safe, guarding her even from himself, from me - he made her believe he forced me to rape her, all those years ago."

Jasper looked as if he had seen a ghost - his face turned pale and his mouth opened in shook. I gave him a cocky smile and said, "Don't worry, I'm not doing it anymore. I just checked my limits, I wanted to see if it was my taste, and it wasn't my taste." I shrugged and saw him look away from me with disgust that made me smile and walk around the room with ease.

"I'll need you to replace me in the next months, I have an event that I have to prepare for, and if I am absent from my 'normal' life it may attract unwanted attention." I said, examining the rest of the bodies in the room.

"Yes sir." He said and nodded.

"I will send you all the tasks for the coming months, and I will send you a contact with whom we can only communicate. Remember that you are responsible for the Death Dragons, and if they won't be in the same state I left them - death will be the only thing you'll pray for, and it will never come." I threatened calmly.

"Yes, sir, the pleasure is all mine." He said coldly.

I felt the phone vibrate in my jeans and when I took it out of my pocket it said, 'My love'. I smiled to myself and said in an commanding voice, "Spread the rumor that there is a new Boss, I want the word to reach Lavender. I want her to chase me. I want to be the one to kill her."

He froze for a second, but then shook his head and said, "Yes, sir."

"Great. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have things to take care of." I left the room slowly and answered the phone, "Yes, my love?"

"Tim, you won't believe it, I can walk almost alone!" Jenny's voice sounded enthusiastic from the phone.

Ugh. She woke up too soon.

I needed her to be in a coma for a few months to complete some important businesses in the crime world without being suspected, but now she's awake and it's annoying. Of course I loved her, but I saw her mainly as a tool I could use if necessary to get information from the police.

"Great! That means we can go on our honeymoon in five months!" I said with mock joy.

"First we need to get married, pervert!"

"How idiotic of me." I said, rolling my eyes and smiling to myself, "Don't worry, my dear, this is going to be the wedding of the century."

What I'm planning to do at this wedding... I thought to myself contentedly.

Lavender would die on it.