Deux

I looked through the one-sided mirror window of the interrogation room as Jenny investigated the suspect - Genevieve.

We caught her on the plane to France, just in the last second. She was confused and kept shouting all the time. She shouted at us to leave her alone and at the other people in the airport that she's been kidnapped. In other words, she made a lot of trouble, which made me think she might not be our suspect.

Or maybe she's just trying to pretend to be innocent.

I studied her up and down, slowly passing my gaze over her blue, small, over-made-up eyes, short curly blond hair that was a big mess, the big golden chains that emphasized her fake tan, the mottled worn dress, and the shiny black heels.

Damn, only the long red nails is missing to complete the look! I thought with amusement.

Suddenly the woman began to cry hysterically, taking me out of my thoughts as she shouted with her heavy French accent, "Maudire! I do not know what you want from me, stupid Americans!" She continued to curse us, the Americans, in French, and two black paths slide from her teary eyes, filling her cheeks as she cried her make up out.

Jenny walked around the room uncomfortably, a helpless look in her eyes while she carefully weighted her next steps. Finally she decided to lean her hands on the table, staring deep into the suspect's terrified eyes and said, "I'm asking you to calm down, now. I'm not blaming you for anything yet, I just want to ask you a few questions."

"You don't blame me for anything, YET?" The woman choked hysterically, and a new river of black tears began to make its way down her face.

A giggle came out of my mouth as I watched the show in front of me. I have no intention of intervening in this investigation, especially not when it's so entertaining to watch Jenny struggle with herself to show some delicacy toward the suspect, without success.

Jenny sighed, and looked up at me. For a moment I forgot that she couldn't see me through the mirror, expecially when she glared at me like that.

"Next time," she whispered bitterly, "YOU take care of the hysterical suspect."

I couldn't help myself anymore, even if I wanted to. I started laughing a big laughter that went on until I opened the interrogation room door and I came across Jenny's sulky look.

"Get a break, Jenny." I whispered in her ear, still grinning uncontrollably, "The magic is about to begin, and I don't think you'll be able to handle it."

She rolled her eyes in contempt, too tired to deal with my bullshit, "No funny stuff, hands in the pockets, and try to keep your dick to yourself. Or else-!" And with her unfinished threat she leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

I smiled playfully to myself, sitting down in the opposite chair from the weeping woman, "So... Genevieve, right? Allow me to introduce myself." I smiled one of my heart-melting smiles, looking deep into her small blue eyes, "Investigator Nicholas Jones, but you can call me Nick." I winked at her and she gave me a hesitant smile.

It wasn't accidentally that I told her my full name, or that I was flirtatious and friendly with her. I wanted to create a sense of closeness so that she would feel comfortable enough to give me the information I needed so I can gather enough evidence to prove that she's not the suspect we're looking for, as I suspected.

"Why are you crying? You have no reason to cry. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just trying to help you. Here, take this." I said, giving her a napkin that I took earlier because I knew she would need it.

She looked at me with confusion, and I could almost read on her forehead what she was thinking. She's still not sure if she could trust me or not.

So I smiled my most charming smile, and said, "My heart is torn to shreds when I see you like that. Please, Genevieve, Let me help you. That's the only thing I'm trying to do." I looked at her imploringly, bringing my hand on the table to her hands.