Chapter Six

Joon had told Jimin that he was the only one. It wasn't like they were dating or anything but he had said Jimin was the only one he wanted to sleep with.

The dark thoughts pulled the memory from his mind and re-examined it, but now they showed him a different side. He had been lying in Joon's bed, with his arm and leg draped across him. They'd just finished having sex, and Joon had said he wouldn't mind doing it again.

Jimin had felt a warm glow deep down inside, but he pushed it aside, knowing not to get his hopes up. He had watched as Joon had played both boys and girls throughout the years. He had a knack for making each one feel special, before ghosting them out of his life. Jimin didn't think he could handle being one of many, so he shook his head with a grin and told Joon that he couldn't be with him while he was sleeping around. He made light of the issue telling Joon that he just didn't like sharing his toys.

And of course, Joon had said exactly what he needed to hear "You are the only one I want, if it's this good why would I need anyone else".

'There' the thoughts said, 'look at his face right there, the twitch, the frown. Do you see it now? His shoulders tensed, he was lying, he said it so he could keep screwing you'

'God you are pathetic,' the whisper continued. 'Of course he lied. He didn't want to be with you. Why would he want to be with you?'

A second whisper, this one quieter, just on the edge of hearing 'What else did he lie about?'

Oh God! What else had he lied about???? His mind was spiralling into darkness as he started questioning everything Joon had ever said to him. In the end he was asking himself whether he and Joon had ever actually been friends. 15 years of friendship, one lie and none of it seems real anymore.

He parked his car at the playground on the other side of town, where he used to spend time with his brother and his friends. He was crying again, short sharp sobs that hurt his chest and made his want to throw up. His hand had started to throb and his head ached.

What are you doing? He asked himself 'You are being pathetic again' the thoughts answered with another nasty chuckle.

He looked around him, finally realising where he was. He glanced over to the little block of shops opposite the park and found the liquor store lights still on. He didn't hesitate - grabbing his wallet and his keys, he ran through the rain.