Chapter Four

It had started raining on the way to the house and, even though Jimin dashed from his car to the front porch, he was still soaked by the time he reached the front door. He raised his hand to knock, but caught sight of his reflection in the window. A whisper, the shadow of doubt, began again. 'Look at yourself' it said. He was dripping wet, his hair was bedraggled and messy, sticking limply to his forehead. His eyes were puffy from crying, and his cheeks blotchy red. His lip was sore from biting it, and it was swollen and split. His hand was still bleeding, crimson drips falling from his fingertips, he hadn't stopped to remove the glass. He was a mess, but surely Joon wouldn't care... would he?

'What are you doing here?' the thought questioned in the back of his head, 'Do you think he cares about you? That's actually funny – You know you're wrong, you know you're just a toy to him'

"No" He breathed shaking his head, "he's not like that". He quickly rapped on the door with his uninjured hand, and waited.

He could hear footsteps, and then a giggle... a girls giggle.... wait.... why was there a girl here? He lived alone... and why was she giggling?

He peered through the frosted window beside the door, and saw a tall hazy male figure he recognised. Joon was shirtless with a blanket wrapped around his waist, and cuddled under his arm was a girl with a white sheet slung around her shoulders, giggling up at Joon.