Chapter 39

Evie sighed, her gaze shifting to her fiancé, who read a book and ignored it. And that was what excited her, she was allowed to tell her best friends that she is engaged, except Mal. Her fiancé preferred to read a book rather than do something with her ... The evil queen's daughter was puzzling, but nothing happened. She tapped her fingers on the tabletop. Doug had to notice her, but he could not be multitasking. Evie cleared his throat, still no reaction ... "DOUG!" She almost screamed at him. Frightened, Doug fell off the chair and looked at his fiancée anxiously and confused. "Y-yes?" he asked carefully. "Doug so it can not go on, why do we have to keep it a secret ?! I want to scream it into the world but you want to keep it secret! Doug I love you and I want that everyone knows! We are Connected forever and I want to share that with my friends, I hate to keep it a secret! " The blue-haired man looked at him with tearful eyes. She wanted to scream it into the world but Doug ... He was just Doug. Doug rallied and stroked a strand of hair behind Evie's ear. He smiled sadly at her. "Evs I know, it's hard for me too, but we promised Mal and Ben and you were thrilled with this idea, if I may remember you." He stroked her cheek. "I also thought that this celebration would take place soon ..." both began to laugh. "I love you, more than anything else in my world, Evie, you're all I need and ever need, do not forget that, I have to go now." He breathed a kiss on her forehead. And turned to go. "Where are you going?" She looked at him with a smile. "Well, I'm trying to talk Ben over to the ceremony." he said with a grin and walked out of the door.

Hesitantly, she knocked on the door of the  fairy godmother office. She had to fix that. "Come in." she heard the annoying voice of the fairy godmother. A shiver ran down her spine. Trembling, she opened the door. And no sooner had the fairy godmother seen who wanted to speak than her eyes turned icy cold. "Heather." She spat her name like poison. "You must not make Jane bad for it." she came straight to the point. "I do not do that at all, I'm just trying to protect her from you!" said the good fairy decisively. "What did I do to you, just because I'm here in Auradon and I understand your daughter, or what?" the young queen growled at the older woman. "You do not know anything !! Your mother destroyed everything I ever had!" the fairy godom struck the table and shouted at her. "It's about my dad, do you hate me because he chose my mother instead of you?" Heather stared at her in disbelief. "She did not deserve him! He was my true love and she stole it from me! He was just too good for her." The fairy godmother stared at the redhead with a death glare. "Your true love ?!" That I do not laugh ?! And what about your husband? Is he just a consolation plaster? And Jane the unwanted gift? " Heather lost all facial features. "Do not you dare blame me like that! You do not know me!" Fortunately, the wand was in the museum, otherwise Heather would not be alive. "Exceptionally there are YOU right! I do not know you but I know you do not deserve Jane! I would like to know what she would say to this conversation." Heather said, staring at her counterpart. Her brown eyes had a slight red glow. Judith slipped her face, panic rose in her. "You would not dare ..." The young queen looked at her with an icy cold look. "Well, how can I say, maybe I'm more than my mother,than it seems."