"Let's drink to that," Eric says, and there's a pause before the glasses are set back onto the table.

"I guess you didn't invite me to come here to get me drunk, Eric."

"You wouldn't be the first I get drunk," Eric chuckles darkly, and his laughter is disgusting. I feel bad for Tris, I'm sure she'd love to smack the smirk right out of his pierced face.

"I have no doubts about that. But I won't be one of them."

"Nice punch, Tris," Zeke shouts at his computer.

"Get yourself together, I'm not interested in taking advantage of you," Eric clarifies.

"How convenient that we share the same opinion on that matter. So I'm asking you again, why am I here?"

"How many times have you been to the Amity compound?"

"What?"

"You didn't understand the question?"

"I did, I'm just surprised by it."

"You can be surprised all you want, just don't let it stop you from answering."

I exchange a glance with Zeke. He shrugs. We both are as clueless as Tris. Then we hear her speak after a pause.

"About five times."

"What for?"

"Harvesting crops. When all fruit and vegetables are ripe at the same time, the Amity need some help, so nothing is wasted."

"Tell me how that worked."

"Usually the volunteers drove there in the morning and were assigned a task for the day. Amity decided where they needed them."

"How come that you've only been there five times then?"

"I accompanied my mother there a few times, when I didn't have to go to school."

"So Abnegation children don't usually work at Amity."

"I didn't."

"I was asking that in general."

"Some do. It depends on where their parents usually volunteer."

That's a lie. Abnegation children normally help inside the fence, as it's considered safer.

"That's interesting."

"Why is it important to our faction what the Abnegation do?"

"Because they've been acting strange. There are a lot of stories going around, you know them. I heard you defended your birth faction before."

"I defended truth, not Abnegation."

"Right," Eric snorts, "just make sure you know where your loyalties lie."

"They lie with Dauntless, of course."

"You'll be able to prove that in the future."

"I hope so. Anything else you wanted to know from me?"

"Actually yes, your opinion on the following: Why do you think Abnegation sent their children to Amity for a week-long work camp yesterday?"

Zeke shoots me a questioning look.

"I think it's an idea from Tris' mum to keep the Abnegation children safe. As far as I know, there has never been such a collaboration before," I whisper.

"Now I see where Tris got it from."

"Got what from?"

"Her guts, man. Her mum is the same, they act instead of overthinking things too much. They take risks protecting others."