Sixty-Four

It had been nearly three months ever since the breakup.

Lauren distracted herself with what she was most familiar with; work. She worked day and night and sometimes even on the weekends. On some occasions, Lauren relaxed by picking back up her old hobby of painting. To balance her social life, she confided with her two best friends, Ally and Normani. Once a week, the trio would go out and either go to the club or do something laid back like watch a movie. Nonetheless, these things helped the green-eyed girl take her mind off of Camila even if it was just for a brief amount of time.

As for the smaller girl, she stopped relying on alcohol to fix her problems after the conversation she had with Ally. Though for weeks, she regularly texted either Ally or Normani asking about Lauren's condition, she soon stopped after realizing that the green-eyed girl was doing better in terms of the breakup.

During the past 3 months, Camila had taken on different activities such as brushing up her skills on the piano and regularly seeing her therapist. She had also developed a close friendship with her so to speak boyfriend, Lucas. After finding out that the boy was in fact also into the same sex, the two have gotten closer platonically. Their arrangement has also improved in front of the public as now, the two "lovers" see it as a game on who can show more affection in front of the cameras.

Today is Camila's birthday. Her and Lucas' management decided that it would be of good publicity to have the two be seen spending the brunette's birthday together. Although Camila didn't have a problem with this, she wished as though her birthday was spent with a special green-eyed girl.

Lucas [12:09 pm]: Happy birthday Camila!

Camila [12:11 pm]: Hey thanks, Lucas :)

Lucas [12:13 pm]: I know our management wants us to spend the day together which is probably the last thing you want to do but don't worry, I'll try to not be boring!

Camila [12:14 pm]: Aww stop you're not boring! I just wished you were a girl sometimes then it would really be fun ;)

Lucas [12:16 pm]: Okay should I come pick you up dressed as a girl then??

Camila [12:17 pm]: Yeah I don't think our management will like that very much.

Camila [12:17 pm]: Dressing up as the opposite sex isn't really a straight person thing you know??

Lucas [12:19 pm]: Hey maybe if we come out as gay together then we will get some homosexual investors to invest in our companies!

Camila [12:21 pm]: If only lol

Soon after, Lucas picked up Camila as they arrived at a fancy restaurant in downtown Manhattan. Of course, the management had set up and called the paparazzi to photograph the two together arriving and later, leaving the restaurant. Nonetheless, the two enjoyed each other's company and as well the delicious entrees.

Arriving back to the penthouse, Camila urgently took off the black stilettos she had been wearing as it was starting to give her blisters. The smaller girl tiredly flopped down on the couch as she sighed before noticing the large rectangular object which was wrapped in a beige wrapping along with a what seemed to be a birthday card on her coffee table.

Opening the card, the smaller girl began to read to herself:

I figured that today would give me a free pass to somewhat communicate with you. I hope your day is as bright as your smile. Enjoy the present I got you. Happy Birthday, Camz.

-Lauren

The letter was short and concise, but it meant the world to Camila. It meant everything that Lauren was still thinking about her. After rereading the card for the second time, she finally decided to rip the wrapping off of the present.

It was an abstract painting of New York City. The different shades and colors of reds, oranges, and yellows along with the blue skyline made the artwork absolutely breathtaking. On the back of the canvas, was another note.

I thought this would give your penthouse some color to it. Plus, this painting is a Lauren Jauregui exclusive.

Once again, Camila was smiling from ear to ear as she too on the beauty of the artwork. What she found most beautiful about it was that Lauren had painted it.

Before going to bed, the smaller girl decided to thank the green-eyed girl in a form of a text message.

Camila [11:49 pm]: Thank you for the present.

Lauren [11:50 pm]: You're welcome. Good night Camila.