Prologue

"Mila, let's go!" Dinah yelled out. "Our Uber is gonna leave if you don't hurry your ass up."

"I'm coming," Camila called out from the other room, still trying to figure out how to buckle the strap of her heels.

After moments of waiting, Camila had finally managed to get herself ready. She wore a tight black dress which accentuated her curves, her dark brunette hair held up by an elastic band.

"Damn Mila, you look like a million dollars," Dinah complimented. "Oh wait..."

Camila playfully rolled her eyes in response. She is worth a million dollars.

Camila Cabello is the CEO of Cabello Industries, a company which she inherited from her father. Camila has always been very open with her social status, well that is when she's in New York. But today, she is in her hometown Miami, a place where she wishes to remain lowkey considering how she's known as one of America's Youngest Millionaires. The 22-year-old girl has always been skeptical about fully letting people into her life, thinking that they have other ulterior motives, but things are different with her best friend Dinah. The two have known each other since they were kids and have grown up together. Camila would trust Dinah with her life as Dinah would with Camila.

Meanwhile, Lauren Jauregui had just gotten out of a long-term relationship. Already trying to balance work and now the stress that comes with a break-up, her two best friends, Ally and Normani decided that going to the club would be a good way for Lauren to de-stress.

"Laur, tonight is going to be fun," Ally assured the green-eyed girl. "Plus, we might see some familiar faces there. I know a lot of the people who we went to college with goes to this same club."

"Yeah and maybe you'll see someone you know and end up in their bed," Normani agreed. "Screw Gabe. My goal tonight is to get you laid," the dark-skinned girl promised, creating laughter from the two other girls who were sat in the car.

"Is it bad that I'm more upset about not getting the promotion than I am about the breakup?" Lauren asked honestly. Although Lauren and Gabe were together for nearly four years, Lauren's always questioned her feelings towards him. It's not that Lauren was incapable of love, she's just always thought that there was something missing.

"Let's not talk about the guy whose name shall not be spoken tonight," Ally interjected as the passengers of the vehicle laughed in agreement.

The trio arrived at the club with multiple eyes gravitating towards Lauren; one which belonged to a certain brunette.

"And who could that be?" Camila asked as she took small sips of her margarita, her eyes firmly fixed on the green-eyed beauty. This scene wasn't anything new for Camila. She had gone to the club multiple times and seen many faces that she'd found appealing, but this one girl had something different to her.

"Are you talking about the girl in the red dress?" Dinah asked, her eyes meeting the direction that Camila was looking at as the brunette nodded her head in response. "That's Lauren Jauregui. I had communications class with her in college."

"She looks good," Camila tried to play off. "Do you still talk to her?"

"Yeah, I text her every now and then to catch up and see how's she's doing," the taller girl answered. "I never expected to see her here though."

"What? Why not?" Camila asked.

"She was never one to go out and party," Dinah began. "I mean yeah she went out, but parties weren't really her thing."

"Oh... So what kind of things does she like or do?" Camila asked curiously.

"Okay Mila, back up a little bit," Dinah said, sensing the direction that their conversation was heading. "Lauren has a boyfriend and they've been together since like freshman year of college."

Dinah knew better though because her statement did not stop Camila from wanting to know the girl. Camila is goofy and sometimes even a little childish, but she also has a cultivated side to her, a trait which has helped her succeed in business and as well as pursuing the things she wants.

"I want to meet her," Camila commented. "Can you introduce me?"

"Did what I said just come in one of your ears and out the other?" Dinah asked playfully, "She has a boyfriend Mila and she's not really the type to do one night stands either."

As the night went on, Camila continued taking small sips of her margarita. The music along with the other individuals in the room didn't appeal to her. She had no other interest that night, but to meet Lauren.

On the other hand, Lauren was very intoxicated. She had lost her two other friends in the crowd. Nonetheless, Lauren was having fun. She danced with a multitude of people and was enjoying her time; something she hadn't experienced in a while.

Consequently, Camila couldn't take it anymore. Her eyes were fixed on Lauren as it followed her throughout the entirety of the night. She knew what Dinah said, but she didn't care. She had to know the girl.

"Hi," Camila greeted as she approached the green-eyed girl who was so intoxicated that she barely had a sense of her surroundings.

Lauren stumbled, almost tripping, but Camila took ahold of her arm and helped her back to her feet.

"Woah, are you alright?" Camila asked, concerned for the other girl's being.

"Yeah. I just need to sit down," Lauren said, holding onto her throbbing head as Camila agreed and lead her to a booth.

The two girls sat across from each other in silence. Lauren tried to compose herself while Camila watched the other girl endearingly.

"Hi," Camila reiterated with a grin on her face, breaking the silence between them. "I'm Camila by the way."

"Hello," Lauren responded, meeting the smaller girl's eyes. "Lauren."