Thirty-Five

Lauren was intently looking through the website she had just managed to build and put up for a clothing company. Even though it was her day off, she had always been a workaholic and making changes here and then never hurt anyone.

It was quarter past five and she was expecting a Skype call from Camila soon. The two often engaged in these Skype calls as a form of face-to-face communication considering they both lived about one thousand miles away from each other.

It has also been two days since Camila declared that she and Lauren were just "friends." Although a little upset, Lauren couldn't disagree on the fact that Camila was somewhat right as they both have only gone on one date and had done nothing more than hold each other's hands. Still, she wished that Camila would have referred to them as something more than friends.

Taking a break from staring at the computer screen all day, Lauren got up to grab a snack from the pantry when she suddenly heard knocking on the door. She thought that it might have been Chris as he always forgot to bring the key with him when going out. To her surprise, it wasn't.

"Hey, I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but I have something to tell you."

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Lauren asked as she was surprised to see her ex-boyfriend standing in front of her.

"I'm here to talk to you," Gabe replied.

"We have nothing to talk about Gabe," Lauren said annoyedly.

"Oh trust me, I think you're gonna want to hear this," the boy laughed. "Come on, just give me five minutes of your time and after that five minutes is up then I will gladly leave if you want me to."

Lauren rolled her eyes but couldn't hide the fact that she was somewhat curious about what her ex-boyfriend had to say and so she let him in.

"Wow... I see that this place hasn't changed at all," Gabe said as he took a seat on the couch and made himself comfortable.

What an arrogant son of a bitch, Lauren thought to herself.

"Your five minutes is ticking," Lauren reminded him, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Okay okay fine... So how much do you really know about this Camila chick?" Gabe asked.

"I know well enough," Lauren answered confidently. "Look, if this is just going to be a conversation about Camila then I suggest you leave because I really don't want to hear it."

"Oh, I think you do Lauren," the bronze-skinned boy interjected.

"Yeah, because I so want to hear you talk about how much of a better fit for a partner you are than her," she said sarcastically. "Trust me, I read what you said in the texts."

"Okay I admit, she beats me in the money department, but it's not really every day that you wake up to be born in a family of millionaires," Gabe said which elicited a confused look on Lauren's face. Nonetheless, she let him continue speaking. "But that's really it. Yeah, she's rich, but I can't believe you'd settle for a drug addict who blows her money getting wasted in other countries and buying hookers."

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" Lauren shot back defensively.

"Oh so you didn't know," Gabe replied nonchalantly as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a brown envelope. "You can thank me later," he added.

Lauren opened up the envelope in hopes of seeing something completely ridiculous and unmatched to what Gabe had just said. To her dismay, it wasn't.

The envelope contained a number of news articles with pictures and headlines of none other than Camila.

CEO of Cabello Industries Found Blacked Out At A Bar In Dubai

Camila Cabello In Rehab After Drug Overdose?

22-Year Old Said To Be Unfit To Run A Multimillion-dollar Company?

Camila Cabello Spotted Going Home With Two Females After Leaving Rain Bar and Lounge In Los Angeles

Although some of the articles were dated from a couple of years ago, this was still new information to Lauren, information that Camila had never shared with her. She didn't know whether to feel angry or confused or even lied to. A mixture of feelings and emotions running through her mind right now.

"By the looks of it, I guess-"

"Get out," Lauren cut off. Gabe tried to speak once more, but the green-eyed girl did not let him utter a single word. "I said get the fuck out!" she yelled before he finally started to walk in the direction of the door.

"I told you you'd never find anyone better than me," he added before shutting the door behind him.

Lauren paid no further attention to his comment as she tried to make sense of what she had just found out about Camila. She debated calling the smaller girl but decided against it. Lauren knew the truth and the truth was in front of her; Camila had lied, plain and simple. But why? The green-eyed girl wondered. After all this time that they'd been talking, Lauren had always felt genuine and honest with Camila until now.

Time seemingly passed by quickly for Lauren but she remained in the same spot on the couch trying to gather her thoughts when she suddenly heard the familiar sound coming from her laptop.

Sighing and already expecting what's on the screen, she glanced at her laptop to view what was on the display:

Camz is calling...