Forty-Nine

Camila [10:12 am]: Hey

Lauren [10:13 am]: Good morning baby

Lauren [10:13 am]: How did you sleep last night?

Camila [10:14 am]: Terrible. I'm a little hung over if I'm being honest

Lauren [10:15 am]: Why Camz? Did you go out last night?

Camila [10:16 am]: No Lauren

Lauren [10:17 am]: So you just got drunk by yourself?

Camila [10:19 am]: Yeah

Camila [10:19 am]: My parents decided to pay me a visit last night

Lauren [10:21 am]: Oh

Camila [10:21 am]: Yeah...

Lauren [10:22 am]: Camz I want to talk to you and help you with whatever you need, but I don't know the right thing to say when I don't even know what's going on or what went on with you and your parents.

Lauren [10:23 am]: And I don't want it to seem like I'm hounding you or forcing you to talk because I'm not. I want you to talk about them and share what you need to share when you're ready.

Camila [10:27 am]: I'm sorry Lauren.

Lauren [10:28 am]: Don't be Camz

Camila [10:29 am]: They found out about us. They saw the pictures and the headlines and everything else.

Lauren [10:30 am]: So I'm guessing that you getting drunk last night may only mean that your conversation with them didn't go so well

Camila [10:31 am]: It not going so well is an understatement

Lauren [10:33 am]: Talk to me Camz. What happened?

Camila [10:35 am]: I don't want to upset you

Lauren [10:36 am]: Tell me. I want to know.

Camila [10:40 am]: They said that I could stay with you under one condition

Lauren [10:40 am]: Which is?

Camila [10:41 am]: They said we can be together but only behind closed doors. In the public eye, they want me to be seen with a boy like a fake relationship so to speak.

Lauren [10:43 am]: What the fuck? No Camz. I'm not allowing you to do that or for them to put you in a situation like that.

Camila [10:44 am]: Lauren it's either that or we break up and the latter option is not even a real option for me.

Lauren [10:45 am]: Why not pick neither of those options? This is just crazy.

Camila [10:47 am]: They threatened to go to the board and take the company away from me if I don't comply

Lauren [10:49 am]: Camz you work so hard for the company and those who can't see that must be blind. Taking you out of the equation is crazy talk.

Camila [10:52 am]: Maybe but with my track record, it's not impossible for them to remove me as CEO.

Camila [10:52 am]: Trust me, they will come up with all the reasons as to why I'm not fit for the position I am

Lauren [10:53 am]: I don't want to lose you.

Camila [10:55 am]: I'll do anything for that to not happen. You're too important to me Lauren. If it means that I have to fake a relationship then so be it, but I'm not gonna let it get in the way of us.