Forty-Eight

Camila had just gotten back from Los Angeles. Her short getaway with Lauren was enjoyable and fun, but nonetheless, too short. Just like any other business trip, she was exhausted. Even though she enjoyed her time with her girlfriend, the business portion of her time in Los Angeles was rather hard-pressed and hectic. The brown-eyed girl was satisfied for successfully closing deals with other businessmen, but nothing would make her any happier right now than just lay in bed and hear her girlfriend's voice on the phone.

With her intended plan to end the night, Camila made her way up the elevator as she was accompanied by Joaquin who carried her suitcases. When the moving apparatus' doors slid open, the brown-eyed girl was met with something or rather some people who she least expected would be there at this time of night.

Dismissing Joaquin of his duties for the day, Camila walked towards the living area to address the situation.

"Mom... Dad... What are you doing here?" the brown-eyed girl voiced in dismay.

In front of her was her parents, Alejandro Cabello and Sinuhe Cabello. The last time that the three had been in the same room at the same time was several months ago and it was merely due to business.

"Is that the proper way to greet the people who gave you all of this?" Alejandro spoke, extending his arms as he referred to the luxurious place that they were in.

"What are you doing here?" Camila reiterated but with more passion in her voice this time. The fact that her parents were here were already starting to make her blood boil.

"We're here to talk," her mother said firmly.

"You're never here to just talk," Camila replied. "If this is about the Los Angeles deal then I'll gladly let you know that I closed it. I'll tell my secretary to email you the details as soon as I get back to the office tomorrow."

Although Camila was now the owner of Cabello Industries, some things still had to go through Alejandro's approval.

"This isn't about that, Camila," Alejandro said, his tone growing angrier. "This is about you being in Los Angeles and being seen getting intimate with a woman! How could you be so stupid and ignorant?!"

Camila flinched due to her father's tone of voice but tried to remain composed.

"I thought that after your first mistake, you would have learned from it," her father continued as he was now pacing back and forth the room. "I signed this company to your name because I thought that you could handle it and create a better name for it than it already has-"

"And I am handling it!" the smaller girl raised her voiced. "I've given this company everything ever since you signed it over and I continue to, to this day! I don't see how my sexual preference has anything to do with my work ethic or anything concerning this company!"

Camila clenched her jaws in anger since she knew that her father was wrong. Ever since inheriting the company, the young entrepreneur has done her best and has always considered her every step in regards to the company. Even though she had a falling out back then, Camila got back up and made sure to work ten times harder in order to regain the positive outlook towards her name and as well as the well-known establishment.

"Do not raise your voice at me, Camila!" the man ordered. "Your acts of sin have given this company nothing but disgrace and humiliation! What will our investors say when they find out that you are getting involved with women again?!"

"My acts of sin?" the young entrepreneur asked. "What about your acts of sin?!" she challenged.

Before she knew it, Camila felt the heavy and firm palm which belonged to her father on her cheek. His hand left her face stinging in pain as she felt a big lump in her throat along with tears wanting to escape her eyes.