Thirty-Seven

The next day...

Lauren [11:24 pm]: Look, I'm sorry for what I said okay? I may have overreacted and I apologize if what I said hurt you.

Camila [12:00 pm]: Hey... I'm sorry too for not telling you the truth to begin with. I was scared that you would see me differently and I know it's wrong for me to assume that. You've been nothing but nice and honest with me and all I did was lose your trust.

Camila [12:03 pm]: But believe me when I say this, I really did and do care about you Lauren. That's partly the reason why I didn't want you to know the real me.Those things you found out about me, the drugs, the girls, and whatever else... I didn't want you to see that side of me because that's not who I am anymore.

Camila [12:05 pm]: A year ago, my parents found out about me liking girls and let's just say that things got a little messy. I had a girlfriend then and of course, my parents didn't approve and did whatever they could to tear us apart. To cope with my feelings, I turned to doing hard drugs and blowing money on whatever I could get my hands on.

Lauren [12:08 pm]: Camz, I'm so sorry. I didn't know..

Camila [12:09 pm]: It's fine, how could you know anyway if I didn't tell you. I should have told you the truth from the beginning.

Lauren [12:10 pm]: Camz, it's okay. I understand.

Lauren [12:12 pm]: Is it okay if I ask how you got over it and stopped? The drugs and all I mean

Camila [12:15 pm]: Yeah. I actually owe it all to Dinah because she's the one that talked some sense into me and persuaded me into going to rehab and getting help.

Lauren [12:17 pm]: I can't believe Dinah never mentioned you before after all the time I spent with her in college

Camila [12:20 pm]: I mean it's no secret that we're best friends but it's also not something that either of us really share with the world.

Lauren [12:22 pm]: I get it, you're lucky to have a friend like Dinah

Camila [12:23 pm]: Yes but Dinah's not the only person I'm lucky to have in my life right now :)