A Tragic Death

Maximus swung first, sending me flying to the forest. The moment I slammed into a tree, He appeared from the sky with a crash landing on his feet. He sneered at me and swung again but this time I dodged it and sweep kicked him, knocking him off his feet. I slammed my foot onto him but He dashed from the hit and headbutt me down.

"You won't win this time Mr. Voorhees." He grabbed me and threw me into 50 trees. I stood up and He punched my gut. I coughed out blood and retaliated with a shoulder charge, sending him rolling backwards. He stood up and laughed. "I can do this all day. Either way, you wont be able to win."

"Heh," I put my fists up when he rushed at me and I ducked, making him hit a building. "Im not a super being like you but I have something you dont have."

"And what would that be Mr. Voorhees?" He got out of the wall.

"This," I pulled out a scythe and smirked. Maximus stopped in place and froze in fear. He had no heart beat but I knew something about this scythe scared him. But what? "Guess what this is Maximus?"

"No way.... That scythe!" He backed up when I stepped close to him. "NO NOT THAT!"

"Ohhhhh," I grinned and walked to him teasingly, waving it in front of his face. "You mean this?"

"GET THAT AWAY FROM ME!" He screamed, dashing backwards.

"Hmmmm let me think," I tapped the blade on my chin and looked back at him. "How about N-"

I stopped when I felt the weapon tremble in my hand. Why was it acting funky? Not once have I felt it do this. What if... Maximus is causing this? I mean after all the warrior of the universe is full of surprises. I dropped it and stared at it. It was very eerie.

"Aha," Maximus rushed to me and grabbed me by the throat. "Just as I thought undying man with no fear. Not even you can handle the power of that thing."

"It was my wife's.." I tried to break free but he shoved his hand into my stomach. "I use her own scythe to honor her..."

"Well, you can honor her in another way," He tore my intestines out and threw me into the tree. "With your death!"

"Heh," I sputtered blood from my mouth and stared into his eyes. "I wish I could but I dont die Maximus. Sorry."

"OFF MY BROTHER!" Cite came out of nowhere, slamming into Maximus to send him flying far.

"You call yourself the most superior being Maximus?" Cite glowed.

"I have heard of you Prince of the Stars!" Maximus grinned. "But I never heard the part of the story that you are a brother of the Earth's deadliest man Jason Voorhees."

"We may not be brothers by blood but we are brothers by heart!" Cite telekinetically flung him.

"You're very powerful Cite," Maximus stood up. "I know what you were once."

"Is that so?" Cite launched an energy ball at Maximus who slid back. "I dare you to reveal it."

"You were once a leech... feeding off of powers just to get them." Maximus pulled out a spear. "You still can feed on powers thrown at you. But no physical things."

As I sat there trying to recover, I watched Maximus trying to fight my brother. There were kicks and punches and powers used. Jamien and Cole pulled me up.

"Come on Bro," Jamien said calmly. "We gotta get you out of here."

"What about Cite? I can't leave him behind!" I screamed.

"Come on Jason." Cole also stayed calm.

"CITE!" Jassy screamed. I jerked my head to see Jassy and Starry cornered by Maximus.

"Hmmmm these 2 must be your Wife and Daughter Cite." The warrior smirked.

"Don't lay a hand on them.." Cite growled.

"They are just as strong as you but I wanna test that!"

I tried to break free to save them but my torn stomach and the strength of Jamien and Cole made me helpless. Just as Maximus fired a killer beam, a big explosion boomed, sending him flying. When the smoke cleared, I stared in horror as I saw Cite standing there, arms out and wings crippled. He fell on his knees with arms limp and his body damaged greatly.

"C-c-cite.." Jassy hugged him.

"Daddy!" Starry cried.

"CITE!" I broke free and limped to him. "TALK TO ME BRO!"

"Heh," Cite's ears folded back as he began to glow softly. "Is everyone ok?"

"What's going on?!" Jassy sniffled.

"I.." He looked up into the sky. "I am dying.."

"No, don't go... please Daddy.." Starry hugged him hard.

"Cite please hang on!" Jassy hugged harder.

"I won't make it baby," Cite put his hand under her chin and looked into her eyes. "Just know I will be in the stars, watching over you and everyone with my Mother."

"I don't want to lose you."Jassy teared up.

He used his last bit of strength to pull her close and locked his lips against hers. I could see her face red but also in tears. I ran to grab the 3 into a hug.

"Jason," Cite looked at me. "When I die, there will be a stone. Keep it with you at all times. Do not let it go. Do not let it fall into the wrong hands."

"I will..." I cried on him as his body glowed brighter. "I love you brother..."

"I love you too. I love you all."

That was that... His last words... He loved us all. He faded along with a glow and a star appeared, turning into a stone. A very unearthly form of stone, a faint purple glow. I picked up the stone and felt his life inside of it. I held it close to me and put it in my coat pocket. I looked at the scythe that I couldn't kill Maximus with.

"The star prince is dead! You all have no hope!" Maximus cheered.

"You..." I picked up the scythe and my anger made the weapon glow blood red. A figure jumped out and appeared to be Whisp. She looked at me and I stared. "Help me honey... help me kill him.."

I pointed at Maximus and she turned her head. She looked at me and her eyes glowed a demonic ghoul red. She vanished into the scythe and my anger was channeled into the scythe, giving me the power of destruction. The world went red through my eyes as I gripped the handle tight and stared at Maximus.

"Mr. Voorhees you cannot use that scythe properly. You tried and you failed!"

"DIE!" I swung the scythe so hard it sliced through his impenetrable armor and sliced him in half. He screamed in pain and tried to crawl away. I walked toward him and looked at Whisp who licked her teeth and mouthed the words 'Im hungry'. "Have him at him baby."

Whisp jumped out of the scythe and pounced on Maximus, eating him quickly and blood dripped from her mouth. She looked at me with her ears perked and tail wagging. She jumped back into the scythe and the world went back to it's normal color. I sighed and the scythe stopped glowing. I stared at everyone who had shocked expressions.

"What do we do now.." Akira looked at me.

"We remember what your uncle did for us all... He took the hit for his wife and daughter.... He wasn't afraid of death..." I looked at Jassy and Starry who were both crying. I looked at the stone and at them. I walked toward them and knelt down.

"Why did he have to go?!" Jassy cried harder.

"Here," I handed her the stone. "That's him.... your husband is in there..."