42 | the end

grayson's pov.
3 months later.

I looked at myself in the mirror, smoothing out my graduation gown with a small smile. I was finally graduating, and I was beyond excited.

I continued looking at myself in the mirror, the one thought that had been on my mind for the past 3 months, still lingering there. If only evelyn were here to see me graduate. she'd be so proud.

" she wanted to be here, gray.. i'm sorry she couldn't be " Ethan suddenly appeared beside me, a sympathetic smile on his face as he patted my back.
I nodded, sniffling a little as I gulped, blinking away the tears. don't cry, damnit.
" i know, thanks ethan " I told my brother, looking at the reflection of the two of us in the mirror, stood beside one another.

I never thought that the two of us would actually be here together, as brothers, and not enemies. We didn't hate eachother anymore, or at least we didn't act as if we did, like we used to. I loved my brother, he loved me, and I was happy to be graduating with him by my side as my bestfriend. that's how it should be.
" let's go, mom's waiting in the car " ethan smiled at me, leaving the room to head down the stairs.
I took a deep breath, running a hand through my hair with rosy cheeks. just imagine how proud she'd be, grayson.

evelyn's pov.

I ran through the hallway of the familiar high school, memories flooding my mind as I rushed past my locker. I could just remember Grayson stood there, waiting to drive me home like he did almost every single night.

My heart was thumping harder than ever as I continued running, not caring how crazy I looked. I was running late, and catching a last minute flight from Arizona to New Jersey, then having it be delayed a few hours, wasn't planned.

I looked down at my phone to see that I had a few text messages, and I opened them quickly.

thank god i'm leaving this shit hole,
might miss it a little though. jokes.
read 12:19pm

i wish you were here eve, i love you.
read 12:19pm

I smiled as I read Grayson's texts, my converse squeaking against the tiled floor as I opened my other texts, this time, from Ethan.

are you nearly here?
read 12:19pm

we're about to be called up
read 12:20pm

I shoved my phone into my back pocket and gulped as I reached the auditorium, where the ceremony was being held. My heart was beating excessively hard, and my throat was dry out of nervousness. I hadn't seen Grayson in three months, and I felt the urge to cry at the thought of being in his arms once again.
I'd missed him insane amounts.

I took a deep breath, pushing open the door, as it squeaked loudly. Everyone sat in the audience, and in the room turned towards me, silence taking over as I hurried towards an empty seat, and sat down.

My eyes scanned my ex classmates in desperate need of spotting him, all of them looking at me in shock, and surprise. Nobody expected me to be here, except Ethan, of course.

However, when they met with the familiar pair of beautiful, hazel eyes, my heart skipped a beat. His lips were parted in pure shock, and his eyes were glistening, a smile forming on my lips at the sight of him, for the first time in months.
He grinned when he saw me watching him, his smile the largest, and most content i'd ever seen. I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying out of happiness, as the principal spoke up.