25

evelyn's pov.

I looked at the boy sat across from me, slurping on his milkshake. He'd taken me to a little diner for some food, and it was the probably the cutest place i'd ever been to.

The whole diner was glowing pink, with retro lighting, and retro signs hanging on the walls. Everything was so tumblr looking, and I knew i'd be coming here again.

Grayson pushed his milkshake across the table towards me, letting me take a sip. I attached my lips to the top of the straw, looking up at Grayson as I did so, to see him watching me intently, infatuated with what I was doing.
" that's so good " I pushed it back once i'd tasted it, the chocolate flavour pleasing the tastebuds on the tip of my tongue.

Grayson smiled at my enthusiasm, simply staring at me with the happiest look on his face. This was the most content Grayson had ever looked, he was genuinely filled with joy, for real. That warmed my heart, my feelings all being the same. He was becoming a huge part of my life, without him even realising it.

" thank you, for the best date " I smiled as I looked up at Grayson, who had walked me back to my front door after arriving at my house.
He had his hands stuffed into his pockets, and a nervous smile on his face, one which was far too cute. he didn't even have to try.
" so uh.. i'll see you tomorrow? " he tried to hide his worry, something which made me giggle. of course you'll see me tomorrow.
" yeah, you will " I answered with a little smirk, a smile spreading across Grayson's cheeks when I said this.

That was when I took a few steps closer to the boy, my hands reaching out to cup his face as I stood on my tiptoes. Grayson leant down also, his lips gently meeting with mine, in the sweetest, and most passionate way, possible.
His hands landed on my waist as he continued to kiss me, the feeling that I continuously get from his touch, felt all over again. that feeling will never get old.

" uh, good evening " My dad's voice suddenly sounded from the doorway, making Grayson pull away from me in an instant, his eyes wide and his lips folded into a straight line.
I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing, my cheeks pink, while Gray's were bright red.
" s-sorry, mr sanders. i'm- " Grayson tried to introduce himself, stuttering with each word.

That was until my dad smiled happily, patting the boy beside me's shoulder.
" nice to see you, Grayson. how've you been? i haven't seen you around for a while "
Grayson looked astounded, but I was too. he just saw us kissing, but he's being nice?

What shocked me the most, though, was how he remembered Grayson. Of course he'd known the Dolan's for years, but for a long time, it was just Ethan and I. I was under the impression that my dad had forgotten all about Grayson, to be honest.
My mom, however, she was a whole other story. She'd always preferred one brother over the other, even when her personal favourite stopped coming around.
I never understood why she loved grayson so much, she said he was sweet, yet I thought he was the opposite. but i guess she was right after all, wasn't she?

" great, sir " Grayson answered with an anxious smile back, my dad shaking his head.
" it's andrew, son. i've known you for years, what's got you so on edge? " My dad laughed, crossing his arms against his broad chest.
Grayson and I exchanged a look, the boy looking back at my dad in fear. There was nothing scary about my dad, but I knew that Grayson was just about as awkward as could be right now.

" is it because I just saw you kissing my daughter? " When my dad said this my jaw dropped, and Grayson turned even more embarrassed, running a hand through his hair.
" dad- "
" i'm joking! " My father cackled, a breath of relief heard from Grayson. he was always a jokester, still is, i guess.
" you're a good kid, grayson. i trust you with her " My dad said before smiling, waving and telling him goodnight.

As soon as my dad had left, Grayson leant back against the wall, a loud giggle sounding from me as I watched him.
" well, you've met my dad! again " I joked, bringing him closer to me by his shirt, a smile growing on his perfectly sculpted face.

Just as I was about to stand on my tiptoes and peck his lips one last time, the front door swung open, and out rushed my mom, the largest grin on her face. typical.
" grayson, sweetie!! how've you been? "

____________________________

eve's mom is me