8

I sat in the passenger seat of Aimee's car, changing the song on my phone before putting it back down in my lap.
" woah, shit! look at that, eve, look! " Laura suddenly yelled, pointing out of her window as we passed down the familiar street I most definitely did not want to be on.
I turned to my left, nearly gagging when I saw Ethan getting out of his car, bringing the one and only Clarissa, with him.
" don't be a creep, laura " Aimee laughed, turning right to head towards her neighbourhood.
" I wonder what grayson's gonna think of that. It's no secret they're gonna fuck, he was flirting with her all day "
I nearly groaned at the words that left her mouth, not sure of why, or what he was up to. Grayson and Clarissa had a past relationship, and to be honest, I'm glad I wasn't there to see the anger that would rise up into Grayson if he saw his twin brother walking in with her, hand in hand.

" he's well and truly took grayson's place. the guy was even doing his work, while ethan messed around in the back! it's usually the other way around, eve " Aimee said as if she were a detective, her sunglasses perched on the end of her nose.
I smacked them upwards, a laugh escaping Laura's lips as the girl jumped back in fear.
" he wasn't being as rude and fuckboy-ish to me today, actually. Ill take it, though. It's as nice as he'll get " I raised a brow, trailing off.
" watch! as soon as he ticks you off the list he'll go back to being a little bitch " Laura shrugged, as I nodded, unfortunately believing what she said. maybe not, though.

grayson's pov.

" e! you home? " I yelled throughout the house, rushing up the stairs in excitement.
I'd actually put in the work in today's algebra class, and I was sure he'd be happy to hear that. I was too. I was proud of myself, for once.
" e! " I yelled once again, reaching his bedroom door and instantly pushing it open.
However, the second I did my eyes went wide, and so did ethan's, as he jumped up from the girl I despised with a somewhat, smirk across his face.
" ethan why the fuck are you with her? " I spat, pointing to the girl who was sat on his bed, in just a bra and pants.
Ethan took me out his door with a cocky grin, running a hand through his hair. I could see the purple marks growing on his neck, and his lips were plumper than usual.
" what are you doing? " I asked again when I didn't get an answer, the anger boiling up inside of me.
Ethan scoffed, crossing his arms against his chest.
" now you know how it feels " Was all he said, something which made my stomach flip, but my eyebrows furrow.
" what do you- " I tried to question, only for him to shove my chest, making the right side of me turn back slightly.
I wasn't going to shove him back. Not my brother, anyway.
" you fucked the girl i like, so i'm fucking your ex. don't dish it out if you can't take it, bro "

As soon as he spoke I shook my head, a laugh of annoyance leaving my lips as I stood up a little bit taller, straightening up my posture.
" how many times do I have to tell you, that I didn't have sex with her, before it gets into your fucking head? " I said through gritted teeth, my eyes dark and filled with frustration.
I'd told Evelyn that I wasn't going to tell Ethan that we never had sex, but I already had. It would be a lie to say that I didn't feel the least bit guilty for breaking up such a strong friendship. I just didn't want her to know that.
" you're full of shit, gray. you're such a fucking disappointment, I'm done with you, and her. she's a slut anyway, going from me to you, so I'm teaching you both a lesson "

I nearly laughed out loud at his words, the fact that he called eve a slut was unbelievable.
There's a lot of things evelyn is, but being a slut is not one of them.
" she's a slut? from going from you to me?  " I stifled back a laugh, my nostrils flaring.
I debated on whether I should say what I said next, knowing that it might of been harsh, but the words left my mouth in anger, quicker than I could keep up.
I stepped closer to him, my chest nearly pushing into his as I nodded my head up at the boy, as if I were to be eyeing him up and down to look for any competition. Why? I didn't know. I didn't need to compete for eve, I didn't think I wanted to.
" she never even went for you, ethan. because she doesn't fucking like you like that, just deal with it! " I yelled now, my brother's jaw clenching in response, he was pissed.

I can see just by the way she looks at my brother, that she doesn't like him that way. If I knew she did, if I knew that there was potential in their friendship being something more, I would've never took her into that closet.
" you're defending her? you don't even know her anymore, gray! you may have liked her back in the day, but you just couldn't handle the fact that I was closer with her, so you got up, and left! if you're not a fucking pussy then I don't know who is! " His words hit me like a ton of bricks.
I was about to deny them, but I froze, knowing deep down, that they were true.
" and the fact that you turned into a heartless fuckboy just to get over her is pathetic. and now you're sucking up to her just for a quick fuck! you're disgusting " He grumbled, about to shove past me to head back to his room, to continue things with the bitch who was waiting for him, until I grabbed his arm.
I wasn't even looking to have sex with the girl anymore. Of course she was hot as hell, but for some reason, I wanted forgiveness.
" I may have done some pretty shitty things, ethan... but what you're doing right now is so low of you " I looked him in the eye, seconds away from punching a wall, or anything, to get my anger out.
He didn't even respond, he knew I was right.

So with that, I barged past him, locking the door to my bedroom and collapsing onto my bed. I heard my brother's door slam loudly, as well as the high pitched and annoying giggle of Clarissa. Only minutes passed before I heard a moan, my nose scrunching up in disgust as I fumbled for my headphones, frantically throwing them over my head.

As soon as kid cudi began playing I zoned out, my arms behind my head as I leant back against the headboard. I felt like complete and utter shit, but I deserved it. After over a year, I'm just now realising that I threw away a great friendship, just because I couldn't handle the truth. I was such an idiot.
With that thought in mind, I reached back down for my phone, a sigh escaping my lips as I clicked on evelyn's contact name.

text messages.

hey

do you maybe want to come over?

I'm not having sex with you grayson.

you know you want to

no, I don't actually.

I was kidding

just wanted someone to talk to
that's all

of course that's all you want

you don't have to come
it's fine

wait ur being serious?

yeah

if you don't want to come
I get it

I need to study for that
bio exam anyway

fine.
I'll be there in 10
read 3:37pm

__________________________

i'm sorry but i low key
feel so bad for grayson in this story

i think everyone hates him in this
rn but i love him
wHOOPS