26

I grabbed my books from my locker before closing it, jumping back a little in fear when the person I wanted to see least, was stood beside me with a smirk.
" hey! how's things? " Ethan asked me, crossing his arms as he leant against the wall.
I raised an eyebrow, scrunching up my nose in disgust. It somewhat reminded me of how things used to be, when he'd come and meet me before school everyday. but those days were long gone.
" why do you care? " I snapped, looking behind the irritating and cruel boy for Grayson, who was no where to be seen. he's usually here by now.
" I don't. just thought i'd personally deliver you some news " Ethan told me, my thoughts running wild and my eyebrows furrowing at his strange words.

That was when Ethan leaned that little bit closer, licking his lips hungrily, and looking down at me with dark eyes.
" clarissa came over last night... thought it was for me, but she went straight up to your precious little boyfriend's room. i'd go on, but i'm pretty sure you can guess what happened next, right? " Ethan's words hit me like a ton of bricks, more like a ton of complete bullshit.
there was no, fucking, way. he hates her guts.
" you're pathetic " I laughed in his face, beginning to walk away from him down the hallway, as if his words hadn't affected me at all. it would be a lie to say that they didn't, though. anyone would be bothered.

" oh, really? then where's grayson? " He went on, continuing to follow me down the hall, my nostrils flaring in annoyance. he could just be late, i told myself.
" i swear to god, if you don't fucking leave me alone- " i began, my words being said through gritted teeth, until his hand gripped onto my wrist, stopping me dead in my tracks.
" you'll what? once a fuckboy, always a fuckboy, right? " Was the last thing he said before he headed down the hallway, a smirk on his lips.

First period had passed, and Grayson had arrived a few minutes after the bell. He looked in a rush, and had all of his football equipment in his arms.
" sorry i'm late... i slept through my alarm " was what grayson said to our teacher as he entered the room, flashing me a beautiful smile.

The whole lesson he'd continuously glance over at me, watching me doing my work, and smiling to himself a little. I tried to stop the blush that would continuously rise to my cheeks as he did so, but it was useless. he could
make me blush in any situation.

" sorry i didn't get to meet you this morning, i woke up late and everything was just a mess from there on " Grayson sighed as he headed down the hallway with me, still carrying all of his sports equipment.
I noticed Ethan stood at the end of the hall, his eyes watching the two of us like a hawk, until he headed off towards Clarissa, and her group of cheerleaders.
" i need to put my football stuff in the lockers, do you wanna come? " Grayson asked with a little smile, holding my hand loosely.
I smiled at him, letting him know that nothing was wrong, before shaking my head.
" it's okay, i've got to sort something out.. i'll meet you at the end of the day, yeah? " I reassured him.
Grayson nodded his head, leaning down to peck my cheek. His lips left a warm and tingly feeling on my skin, something which made me smile, as he rushed off down the hallway to the boy's locker rooms.

That was when I took my chance, waiting for Ethan to leave the barbie doll's side for me to make an appearance.
" oh, hey, eve! " She smiled a sickly sweet smile when she saw me, whilst i mentally gagged.
" don't call me eve, and stop playing dumb. what's this rumour that you're trying to start, huh? " I wanted to get it out of her, to hear her back down, and let me know that it was all just a stupid and petty joke of some sort.

Or did i just want to be certain? No, I trusted Grayson, he'd come a long way.
Then was it ethan's words, that had me doubting everything? once a fuckboy, always a fuckboy, was what he said.
But Grayson, he was never really a fuckboy. he was just a vulnerable boy who needed a distraction.

" oh, evelyn. if you seriously think that it's a rumour then you're dumber than i thought " she cackled evilly, her plastic looking friends staying silent by her side. pussies.
" i don't believe a fucking word that you and ethan are saying, clarissa. it's not working- " I shook my head, amused by her actions.
That was until she smirked, beginning to rummage through her bag. I watched and let out a huff as I waited for her to get out whatever it was she was looking for, only for my muscles to tense up at what she placed in my hands, with a devil-like grin on her face.

Grayson's favourite T-shirt.
stinking, of clarissa's go to perfume.