13

two days later.

" what the fuck am I doing " I mumbled to myself, letting out a breath as I looked into the body length mirror, the silky dress clinging tightly to my curves.
I ruffled up my hair some more, re applying another coat of gloss as I checked the time on my phone. It was nearly eight pm, and almost at the exact same time, I heard the honk of aimee's car from outside.
With that, I let out a breath, taking my phone and heading down the stairs of my home. I had no clue why I was doing this, but he'd somehow managed to persuade me.

" damn, girl! you look hot! " she squealed as I climbed into her car, immediately pulling out of my driveway as I buckled my seatbelt.
I giggled at her enthusiasm, pulling down the mirror as I tried to get a better look at myself. I didn't know why I was so worried about how I looked, but something felt different.
" who're you trying to impress? grayson? "
I snapped my head in my friend's direction, shaking my head frantically. However, she noticed my cheeks go slightly pink, so she clung to it.
" oh, come on. it's obvious. he invited you, basically begged you to come. he's been so sweet to you recently " Aimee told me.

He really had been, though. Of course, Grayson is Grayson, whenever he can make a cocky and sarcastic joke, he jumps at the chance, but that's just him. However, it's obvious he's been trying. He feels guilty, he's made it crystal clear that he does, even though he tries his best not to. He's just not a good liar.... or maybe he was, but maybe I just knew him too well.

Within a few more minutes we'd arrived at the unfamiliar house, the loud but blurred music heard from down the road. I ran my hands down my dress in attempt of getting out the creases as we got out of the car, and headed towards the already trashed looking house in excitement.

As soon as we got inside the smell of weed and alcohol mixed together lingered in the air, sweaty bodies dancing against one another, while others shouted above the music, trying to talk to each other, to no success, of course.
" here, I got you your favourite "
I hadn't even realised that Aimee had left my side until she passed me my go to drink, and I thanked her.

I brought the red solo cup to my lips, my eyes scanning around the crowded room, desperately trying to find someone I recognised. Or the one person, I even wanted to see. The boy I for some reason find myself looking forward to see, even.

As soon as I looked up towards the group of guys, one stood out in particular, his familiar hazel eyes trailing down my whole entire body. It sent goosebumps all across my skin, his hair perfectly styled, and his muscles on show in his basic black tee, jacket, and ripped jeans. He looked great, hot, in fact, and I found myself biting my lip at the sight of him leaning back against the wall, one foot resting against the surface.

I only felt my legs turn weak when he continued staring at me, this time bringing his cup towards his lips with a smirk, sipping on it as his eyes remained fixated on me. He ignored everything his friends were saying, a few of them looking over to see what he was looking at, only to smirk in response.

Just the thought of him staring at me like he was, was driving me crazy. He was driving me crazy like I never thought he would, and the night was only just getting started.

grayson's pov.

I sipped on my drink as I watched evelyn from afar, her silky and short dress clinging tightly to her body, her curves that I loved standing out perfectly. I was trying to be friends with the girl again, but she was making it so fucking difficult.