28

I placed my math books into my locker, feeling a tap on my shoulder. It wasn't a usual tap, though, it was Clarissa's sharp and ugly fake nails.

I span around to face her, an evil grin on her lips as she placed a hand on her hip.
" sorry that you had to find out the truth that way, eve. grayson just can't resist " She batted her eyelashes at me, whilst I scoffed.
Clarissa looked taken aback when i did this, her arms crossing against her chest as she stood that little bit taller. The smile on her makeup piled face had been completely replaced by a look of shock, when I said what I said next.
" the truth? you mean how you stole grayson's shirt and covered it in your perfume? " Now I was the one smirking, as she looked completely defeated.
" it doesn't take a genius " i mumbled, with an eye roll.
" y-you're delusional. who would ever go to that effort to ruin a relationship? " She cackled in my face, my nose scrunching up in disgust.
" you? and his fucking selfish brother " i answered her, my words said through gritted teeth, as i mentally debated whether she was always this stupid. yeah, she was.

Clarissa was clearly guilty as she tried to find the words, nothing coming out. That was until she took a step closer to me, far too close for my liking.
" you're not that special, eve. just wait, grayson will drop you, and then you'll come running back to ethan. but guess what? ethan doesn't want you now either, because he knows that you're a slut! " She smirked as she turned around, walking down the hallway, with her hips swaying ridiculously.

My hands were shaking out of anger as I watched her, my fists curling up into balls as I let out an agitated breath. I couldn't even think about what I was doing before I'd charged after her, my hand grabbing onto the back of her hair to turn her towards me. She let out an inhuman sounding squeal as I did this, all eyes on us as my hand hit her cheek, and she fell back against the ground.
" fucking bitch! " She screamed as she tried to stand up, only for me to jump at her.
I made punches at her face and body as she tried to squirm out of my grip, attempting to hit back, only for me to pull her up by her blonde, long hair. No one cheered the girl on, they all just watched with amused and shocked expressions on their faces. they knew she deserved it.
Clarissa's long and claw like nails scratched at my face, my nose most likely bleeding, until i shoved her back against the ground.
" i told you i'd fucking knock my name out of your mouth, didn't i?!? " i yelled as my fist came into contact with her jaw, and she held it in agony, astonished.

However, before I could even get another word in, more like another punch, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist, lifting me up and away from her.
" get the fuck off of me! " I yelled as i tried to wriggle out of his familiar arms, only for him to shush me.
" eve, come on " Grayson's deep and husky voice pulled me out of my daydream as he began dragging me away, my eyes snapping back to the girl, who was crying like a baby, trying to fix her hair. pathetic.

Grayson hadn't said a word to me the whole drive back to his house, he'd simply brought me to his car, and started driving home. I knew he was pissed, but I didn't care right now.
" why did you do that, evelyn? " The use of my full name let me know for sure that he was annoyed, as he lifted me up, placing me against the counter top.
I shrugged, a sarcastic smile on my lips.
" oh, i don't know. just felt like punching someone " I rolled my eyes, the boy trying with all he could not to laugh.
Grayson let a little smile appear on his lips, but it quickly disappeared when he spoke next.
" you could've gotten seriously hurt, it's not funny " He shook his head as he looked me in the eyes, pulling out the first aid kit, and standing between my legs.

His hand brought up a disinfectant wipe to my nose, cleaning away the blood, before patting it on the scratches.
" but i didn't, did i? " i wiggled my eyebrows.
" i know, but you've definitely gotten suspended. i don't know how i'll manage at school without you " Grayson sighed, whilst i squished his cheeks in my hands, smiling at him cheesily.
" i'm still annoyed, eve, stop " he shook his head again, whilst i groaned.
" grayson, she told me that you were going to drop me! obviously that's going to piss me
off! " I told him, whilst he put down the wipe, his arms on either sides of my legs, resting against the counter.

He was leaning forward a little, and so I placed my hands on his face, his eyes immediately snapping up to my own.
" i'm not going to drop you, eve. ignore her " He said in a low voice, whilst i smiled again, nodding my head.
" i know, gray "

Grayson let the smile grow this time, my hands bringing his face closer as i leant down. My lips slowly met with his, my heart beating rapidly out of my chest as his hands slipped up from the counter and onto my waist, my legs wrapping around his torso.
The kiss quickly grew more heated as his tongue slipped into my mouth, my hand reaching up to his hair, while his landed on my ass, giving it a squeeze.
" mine " was what he mumbled against my lips as he did so, his eyes fluttering open as he leaned his forehead against my own.
" all, fucking, mine " he said again, this time his eyes piercing through my own, my heart skipping a beat.

Just as he connected his lips with my own again, the front door swung open, making him pull away, and step back a little from the counter. Whoever had walked in was silent, but by the annoyed look on Grayson's face, I could guess who it was.
" what the fuck do you want, ethan? you should be at school " Grayson grumbled as i turned around a little, ethan stood behind us with a worried look on his face.
His eyes snapped to me as he took in the appearance of my cut up face, and came to stand beside us at the counter hesitantly.
" uh, are you okay? " Ethan asked, gulping a little out of nervousness.
I scoffed at his question, rolling my eyes at the boy. do i look okay?
" if you hadn't went against us with clarissa in the first place, then she would be okay,
ethan " Grayson spoke up, stepping in front of him.

Ethan looked down at the floor in guilt as Grayson said this, the words slipping from his lips before i could even comprehend.
" really? stealing my shirt and drenching it in her perfume? could you get any fucking
lower? " Grayson yelled again, his nostrils flaring and his jaw clenching, instantly making me fear the worst.
" i-i was just jealous " ethan told us, before grayson laughed loudly, a roar of laughter which made his eyes snap back up towards his brother.
" and i'm just fucking pissed! " grayson shouted now, the boy remaining silent.
I placed a hand on Grayson's shoulder to keep him calm, and it definitely helped, as he let out a breath of annoyance.
" what if eve believed that, ethan? she would've left me, why would you do that? " Grayson's voice was calmer this time, as he stared at ethan, wanting answers.

He didn't give him any, though, instead he just looked between the two of us, guilt evident all over his face as he shrugged his shoulders.
" that was i wanted " Ethan answered, making grayson's anger rise more. we already knew that ethan.

" but if you're both happy, then i'm willing to get over it " Ethan suddenly told us, Grayson shaking his head in amusement " i'm sorry "
Ethan walked off towards the staircase as he said this, beginning to go up each step as Grayson rolled his eyes, and let out a frustrated breath.
" i don't need your fucking permission "

______________________________

damn