31

" so, you and grayson..? " was the first thing i heard when i sat down opposite Aimee and Laura at our lunch table, my cheeks instantly turning pink at the mention of his name.
" oh my fucking god! did you get some of that dolan di- " She gasped, jumping up in excitement until i cut her off.
" no, laura, shut up " i laughed at her assumptions, the girl shrinking down into her seat in shock.
I rolled my eyes at her, shaking my head.
" you guys are annoying " I chuckled, the two smirking at me, as they continued eating their lunch.

" anyway, did he ask you to prom yet? " Aimee asked me, whilst i tried to fight back the smile.
They'd both been trying to keep my mind off of the move in three weeks, and that meant talking about something that would distract me from it all. meaning, grayson.
" no fucking way, did he really? " Laura gasped also when i didn't respond, both of them clapping their hands with wide grins.
I nodded shyly, feeling like the luckiest girl on the planet. I couldn't wait for prom, it's what everyone looks forward to when high school finally begins to come to an end. And to be attending it with the boy i love and care about, is the icing on the cake. absolutely perfect.

I was taken aback when loud shouting erupted from the cheerleaders table, but not the normal high pitched, useless row. It was a deep voice, one filled with pure hatred. I glanced over, as well as most of the students in the cafeteria,
my jaw nearly dropping when I saw Ethan stood in front of Clarissa, shouting down at her. She kept shoving his chest, wanting to get a bigger reaction out of him in front of the whole school, but he did nothing. I knew ethan well, and even though he's not who he used to be right now, one thing that will never change, is that he wouldn't even think about touching a girl.

" you're a fucking controlling, bitch! " He yelled one last time as she smiled her evil smile, crossing her arms against her chest.
Before Ethan could even get another word in the cafeteria doors had slammed open, and i turned behind me to see Grayson, rushing towards his brother with a stern look on his face. It was then that I turned back to see another two boys shouting at ethan, getting close, and in his face.
" ethan, come on! " grayson yelled, grabbing his brother and trying to pull him away, not wanting him to get hurt.
Grayson may have hated what his brother had done, but he didn't hate him. He loved Ethan, as much of a dick as he could be.

Ethan did what his brother said and let him take him out of the cafe, to god knows where.
The majority of the cafe all went back to what they were doing, while I sat speechless, not sure whether I should at least see if the two were okay.
I decided to, saying goodbye to my friends as I threw away my trash, and headed out into the hallway. I had no clue where to look, but when I heard Grayson's familiar voice, I followed it.

" are you okay? " i asked when i reached them, both of the boys stood in the toilets.
Ethan was slouched against the sink, while Grayson placed his hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. even after what he did, he's still the same caring grayson.
" she made me do all of that shit to you guys, she's fucking manipulative! " Ethan yelled, throwing his arms around shakily.
" ethan, calm down... you still did it, you didn't have to " Grayson tried to be reasonable, since he didn't want to piss him off even more.
" she wanted to get back at you grayson, and i did too, so she used that as an excuse! she'd constantly remind me that he fucked the girl i liked, just to get me even more pissed! " Ethan yelled, burying his head into his hands.
" yeah, well that really never happened " I chimed in, watching as ethan fell silent, and looked down at the ground.
" i know " he mumbled, his eyes red and dark, as if he'd been losing sleep.
Grayson looked back at me with pleading eyes, before looking back at his brother, letting out a breath.
" this shits never going to go back to the way it was, man, after all of this... but you're my brother, i hate fighting with you " Grayson's words shocked me, but i suddenly felt a wave of relief wash over me.

Ethan's eyes kept averting from me, to grayson, looking between the two of us with a somewhat calm face.
" the thing is, i could see how happy you were together... and i didn't want to believe it "
I nodded at this, heading a little closer to them both. I stood beside Grayson, his arm snaking around my waist with a small smile curving up onto his lips as he did so.

However, I was shocked when even Ethan smiled too, shaking his head in disbelief. It was the most real smile i'd seen him have since we fell out, and it felt good to see it.
" i always knew that you'd be making one of us happy, eve. and now that i'm seeing it, i'm glad it's grayson "

____________________________

i present to you

the return..

of nice ethan.

i missed nice ethan
and a lot of you did too,
so i decided to bring him back :)