39

moving day.

I looked down at the cardboard box in my hands, a sigh leaving my lips as I gently placed it into the moving van, shoving it to the side. The van was already packed with boxes and items of furniture, and this was one of the final ones that had to go in.

When I turned around I jumped, shocked to see Grayson stood behind me, with the final box in his hands. He forced a smile, the sadness still obvious in his face as he added it to the pile. The boy I loved let out a breath as he did so, climbing down beside me, and standing in front of me with his shoulders slouched, as if the world were weighing him down. He was drained. His soft brown hair wasn't styled at all, simply hanging over his forehead, and his eyes were dark and heavy.

They met with mine after a while of silence, my own growing glossy at the sight. i was going to miss those beautiful, hazel eyes, with everything in me.

" have you got everything? " The boy eventually broke the silence, his shaky hand reaching to behind his neck.
I nodded, biting my lip a little to stop it from quivering. Grayson could tell that I were on the verge of tears, especially when I spoke, and my voice cracked with each word.
" yeah, just about "
Grayson clearly couldn't take seeing me so hurt, and so his eyes landed on his fidgety hands, where he was holding a small box.

He noticed that I were looking at it, raising the small box up slightly, before reaching down, and taking my hand into his.
Grayson uncurled it and made sure my hand was flat, before placing the small box into my palm, covering it with my own fingers.
I furrowed my eyebrows as he did this, wanting to open it up, and see what was inside.
" i want you to open it when you get to your new house, okay? just so you know that i'm always going to be with you " He struggled to say, the corners of his lips tugging up into a small smile as he continued " even though i may be halfway across the country "

I let out a gentle laugh at this, shaking my head at the thought. i didn't know how i was going to cope without him.
However, Grayson took a step closer to me, the smile completely wiped from his face, replaced with a serious look. I gulped at the sight, my eyes looking so deeply into his orbs.
" but i'm always going to be here, eve... i'm just a phone call away. don't f-forget about me, please d-don't " Grayson's intimidating demeanour was replaced by the care that had filled his eyes, as they became cloudy with tears.

When I saw this I shook my head, pulling the boy towards me, as my arms wrapped around his torso. Grayson's hands snaked around my upper body in the most comforting hug, his face resting in the crook of my neck, sending goosebumps all over my body. His hugs were an instant home, or an instant feeling of warmth, and happiness. It was as if I could just cuddle into the boy, and all of my worries would wash away like soap. it was incredible.
" i could never forget you, gray " i told him without hesitation, each word being the truth.
Almost at the same time I felt his heart begin thumping harder in his chest, a feeling which made me smile, and pull away from his body.

I looked up at Grayson, who was looking down at me in disbelief, his eyes wondering across every part of my face. I wanted to feel his lips against mine just one last time, and so I stood on my tiptoes, connecting them gently.
They moulded together perfectly, like the two final pieces of a puzzle, allowing a wave of pure euphoria to wash over my whole body. Only he could make me feel like this, he made me feel in love, happy, and confident.

The feeling soon vanished when Grayson's soft plump lips had separated from my own, and his forehead was resting against mine. My lips tingled, begging for the feeling all over again, but i'd be waiting a while. i knew i would.

" i love you, evelyn. you don't know how much i'm going to miss you " grayson said as he looked into my eyes, his hands placed onto my waist, somehow keeping me warm.
I smiled at his words, my eyes still glazed with tears, as one fell from my eye. A second passed before Grayson had wiped it away with his thumb, kissing where my tear had fell down my cheek, something which made me let out a breath. he was so amazing.
" i love you too, gray "

______________________________

this books coming to an end soon
i'm sorry

idk whether you guys would
want a sequel or not bc
idk how that would work

but comment here if you want a sequel!!