7

I devoured the burger that was in my hands, the school's food not being the best, but enough to keep me going.

Usually I'd spend lunch sat with Ethan, but he seemed a little bit too occupied standing over at the cheerleaders table, flirting with the girls. That wasn't like him at all, it was usually Grayson that was stood there, trying to snake his way into one of their pants.
However, today, I was shocked when I felt a presence opposite me, and my attention left my food to avert to the irritating boy, who was sat with a smirk on his lips.
" give me a bite " Grayson instructed, my eyes snapping to his once more in annoyance.
" no, why the fuck would I give you a bite? your food is right there! " I grumbled, a small bit of lettuce flying out of my mouth.
" I'll give you some of my cookie? we can trade, just like old times where I'd trade you my oeos for your gold fish " His words surprised me.
There was not a single ounce of hatred laced in his voice as he spoke, and not a single snarky remark hidden in his words. I found it odd, especially how he was bringing back memories from when we were younger. good memories.
I was also surprised at how he wasn't annoyed. When texting me, he seemed as if he was pissed about the teasing, about what happened in the closet. Did he finally realise that he deserved it?
" no. I'm not stupid enough for you to con me into giving you a massive bag of crisps while you give me two biscuits, anymore " I rolled my eyes, dusting off my hands when I'd finished my lunch.

I sat back in my chair, checking the time on my phone. Laura and Aimee were running extremely late, or maybe they just had detention, who knew?
" ethan's took my spot, as you can see. he's over there charming his way into getting laid... " He told me, munching on his sandwich as he glanced over at his brother.
I scoffed, taking a sip of my water. Nope. he hasn't changed one bit.
" the boy needs it, though. he's so uptight " Grayson added, before looking back up at me with a small smirk.
" how are you two, anyway? "
That was all it took for me to let out an annoyed sigh, my eyes shooting daggers at the boy, in a glare that could kill. He was beginning to annoy me even more, but I held it inside.
" you know we're fighting, you piece of shit. just tell him that I didn't have sex with you so he can get over it " I groaned, burying my head into my hands.
It went quiet again, only the sound of chattering coming from the students around us to be heard.
" and why would I do that? I quite like the attention you're giving me all of a sudden "
I looked up at him when he said this, both of my eyebrows raising as I tried to figure him out.

" anyway, how's your day going? " he asked, whilst I nearly choked on my water.
" how's my day going? " i repeated what he'd said, the boy nodding enthusiastically.
" shit " I finished my sentence, squinting my eyes.
That was when Grayson shrugged his broad shoulders, his lips attaching to the straw of his capri sun.
" you're drinking a capri sun? " I held back a laugh, watching as his cheeks turned a little red, something which made me shake my head in amusement .
" a blackcurrent one, too. the tropical ones are where it's at " I told him, attempting to at least make things a little less awkward.
Grayson smirked at my words, before bending over, his hands digging through his bag. I raised an eyebrow as I watched him, fighting back my smile when he pulled out a tropical capri sun, and slid it across the table towards me. It landed in my hands, and I felt my inner child bursting with excitement.

" why are you even sat here? let alone being... nice? " I asked him with a weird look plastered across my face , a sickly sweet smile forming on his lips.
I didn't know if nice was the word to describe him right now, but he wasn't being particularly unpleasant. Let's just say that if he were to act like this everyday, i'd probably be able to put up with him just fine.

For once, however, it didn't remain a fake smile. He let out a laugh, a real smile forming on his lips as he shrugged his shoulders, returning his attention back to his juice.
" just thought it was time for a change "