10

" heard you hung out with grayson
last night " Ethan's voice was heard from behind me, my eyes rolling.
I turned on my heel, a hand on my hip. I was beginning to realise that this boy was not backing down, and he'd do whatever it would take to get back at his brother. Even if that meant hooking up with his ex girlfriend.

" heard you fucked clarissa last night. did you have fun getting an std? " I shot back, a smirk growing on my lips as the boy's jaw clenched.
" really, ethan? after all the years of bitching about her with me, you go to her to get back at your brother? dick move " I told him with a sour look on my face, turning around to head to my third period, until he spoke up once more.
" you and grayson deserve each other. he'll treat you like the slut you are "
The second the words left his mouth I felt my
heart shatter, breaking into pieces. I couldn't believe what he just had the guts to say, my bestfriend, or someone who was, my best friend.

I turned to face him, my eyes turning glossy as the realisation that this wasn't Ethan stood in front of me, this was who he was becoming, had only just hit me. and it hit me like a truck.
" who even are you? " I choked on my own words, tears daring to leave my eyes until I blinked them away.
There wasn't a single bit of guilt in the boy's eyes, not one ounce. He looked happy, happier than I'd ever seen him. Is this really who he wants to be?

With that, I stormed away down the hallway, eyes burning holes through my skin as I wiped away the tears with the back of my hand. That was until I smacked face first into someone's chest, and I didn't dare look up. I didn't want anyone to see me like this, not right now.

" damn, eve. eager to see me, are we? " The deep voice spoke up, and I could just sense the smirk that was most likely growing on his face.
However, he stopped talking when he saw the panic on my face, and my red and blotchy cheeks.
" what's wrong? are you o- " He hurried out, his voice suddenly filled with what seemed like panic, though I didn't know why.
" I'm fine, grayson. just leave me alone " I sniffled, desperate to leave, I needed to be alone.
" eve, what the fuck did ethan do? tell m- "
" no, grayson! just let me go, okay? " I suddenly snapped, a few eyes landing on me as the hallway fell silent, tension surrounding us.
Before I could even abandon him there in the hallway, his hand gripped onto my wrist, pulling me into his chest. I nearly gasped as his arms wrapped around my body, and he gave me a gentle yet comforting squeeze. I didn't resist, however, instead I melted into his arms.

He was warm and cosy, and for some reason, I wanted to stay in his hold for as long as I could.
I had no idea where the sudden urge was coming from, but my arms wrapped around his body, holding him even tighter as my face buried into his hoodie, his scent all I could smell. It was different to Ethan's, but it was a good different. Maybe that's what Grayson was, a good change, a change that i never expected to happen.

_____________________________

last update of the night.
will update tomorrow :)

are you all enjoying??