19

grayson's pov.

I couldn't help it, she was so fucking addicting.

I stared down at the beautiful girl who laid sprawled out across the sofa, her eyes shut and her lips slightly parted, with her face squished up against the pillow.
Her long brown hair was dangling behind her, soft snores leaving her pink plump lips as she hugged the pillow which I had placed there, in replacement of me.
The two of us had ended up falling asleep, but with my thoughts running wild, I woke up, the guilt inside of me eating me alive.

This poor, innocent girl. she didn't deserve to have me ruin her, and so I promised myself I wouldn't. I'd gotten attached, which was exactly what I dreaded I'd do. It was as if the sixteen year old grayson came back by the flick of a switch, craving her attention, affection, or just wanting to be in her company for at least two minutes.

But I'm bad for her. Terrible, more like. A girl like Evelyn deserves someone who can give her all of the love in the world, and that person just isn't me. Even though I want it to be, even though I know I could be that person if I take the risk.

I took one last look at her with guilt filled eyes, before climbing out of her living room window. The door was locked, and I didn't want to risk waking her up by searching for the keys, so this was my best bet.

The walk home was silent. Silent on the outside, anyway. Internally, my mind was screaming at me, and my heart was yelling at me to go running back, but I never did.
I may have been drunk, but kissing a girl like Evelyn and spilling all of your emotions out to her like that, is something I'd definitely remember in the morning.

The second I reached my front door I pushed it open, the darkness of the front entrance surrounding me as I went inside. I wiped my feet on the doormat, flicking on the light switch, only to be greeted with the smug smirk that belonged to my brother.
" where were you? " He asked me tauntingly, my eyes rolling as I avoided looking up at him.
If I did, I'd most likely punch the cocky grin off of his face, so I was doing him a favour.
" with evelyn, I'm guessing? "

As soon as her name left his mouth my eyes snapped up to his, watching as he licked his lips triumphantly, slouched back against the wall. He knew he was starting to get to me.
" what are you doing up? It's five am " was all I could manage to say, a stupid question, really.
" I could ask you the same thing. were you out sucking up to your precious little girlfriend? or did you finally get what you wanted? when are you going to drop her? " He teased, taking a few steps closer to me.

I could feel the anger inside of me boiling up as I curled my fists into balls, my nails digging into my hands as I tried to let my anger out. As much of a dick as my brother was, I didn't want to fight him, I couldn't bring myself to do it.
" aw, did I hurt your feelings? or did evelyn finally say no to you? "
I eventually mustered up the courage to break my silence, my words being said through gritted teeth.
" leave it, ethan. I swear to god- "
He smirked, laughing in my face as if I were pathetic. Maybe I was.

" you'll what? hit me? " he challenged, knowing that I wouldn't dare.
" you just love disappointing everyone, don't you? " Ethan taunted, my heart being ripped apart with every word he spoke.
" first mom, she's embarrassed of you. me! I hate you! then dad, who went and fucking killed him- " Ethan yelled now, my anger rising above the limit at the mention of my father.
" shut the fuck- " I grumbled, ready to shake it off, until his hand collided with my chest, shoving me back into the door.
" and now evelyn. she doesn't love you, grayson, she never will " He spat, my vision turning blurry as his words hit me like a truck.

Without even thinking my shaky hands had grabbed onto his shirt, throwing my brother against the wall with a grunt. He was clearly shocked, staring down at me in disbelief as I glared at him, the vein popping out of my neck as I held him there.
" don't fucking talk about evelyn, don't look at her and don't speak to her. I don't want to hear you say her name, got it? " I shouted, a smug smirk forming on my brother's lips, though I could see the fear in his eyes.
" when're you gonna give me a go, bro? "

That was all it took for my fist to collide with his jaw, ethan stumbling back at the contact. His hand reached up to clutch his face in agony as he fell to the floor, my hand numb, and my heart beating out of my chest.

" grayson! what did you do? " my mom's high pitched voice was heard from the top of the stairs, her rushed footsteps following shortly after.
What did I do? I gave your golden boy what he deserved.
" ethan, sweetie, are you okay? " she reached my brother, running straight past me,
just like she always did.

just like everyone, always did.