34

prom night.

I finished applying the red lipstick, looking one last time at the makeup in my mirror. I'd gone bold, with a smoky eye and red lip, my highlighter glowing in the light. I smiled, happy with how I looked, my mind whirling with thoughts, whilst my tummy whirled with butterflies.

I couldn't wait to see Grayson, I could only imagine how amazing he looked in his tux. As soon as I looked at my phone to see it was nearly seven pm, the time that he was picking me up, I felt the nerves begin to rush through my body. I was beyond excited, but anxious.
" eve!! grayson's here! " My mom's voice ran throughout my mind on repeat, my heart instantly picking up its pace, which was already extremely fast.

I gulped away my nerves and took one last look in the mirror, my dress looking flawless, my makeup done beautifully, and my long brown hair curled, cascading down my back.

My heels echoed throughout my house as I walked down the hall, my eyes pealing down to the cardboard boxes on the wooden floor, stacked with our belongings. We were leaving in a few days, and I still couldn't believe it.
I didn't want to go.

I pushed the bad thoughts away and smiled as I reached the stairs, my hand holding onto the railing as I lifted my dress slightly, not wanting to stand on it. My heart felt as if it were about to explode out of my chest when I saw Grayson's bottom half at the end of the stairs, my jaw threatening to drop to the ground when he came into full view.

I was right, he did look amazing. Grayson's hair was styled perfectly on top of his head, still looking soft and touchable, exactly how I liked it. His dangly earring still hung from his ear, and his incredible black tux fit his body so well, his muscles as clear as day. My mouth was nearly watering at the sight, noticing that he also had a red flower on his tux pocket, matching perfectly with my dark red dress.

But the best thing he was wearing, was by far, that gorgeous smile. His gorgeous and toothy grin grew when he saw me, his cheeks turning pink, and his eyes trailing down my body. He took in my appearance in awe, his eyes the brightest i'd seen them, filled with life, happiness, and love.

As soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs Grayson's hand extended out and reached for my own, his eyes still glued to my body.
" you look absolutely beautiful, eve " His words made me blush even harder than I already was, as he brought his hands down to my waist, still taking in my appearance.
" you look amazing " I told him, staring up into his bright hazel eyes.
He smiled, shaking his head in disbelief, as my mom squealed in excitement. she'd wanted this for years, for fucks sake.
" let me take a photo! i'm sure lisa would want me to take one! " she grinned as i handed her my phone, and placed my hands against Grayson's chest.
His hands remained on my waist as I leaned against him slightly, the two of us smiling widely for the camera, cringing at my mom trying to figure out how to take the photo.
" have fun! " she waved us off as we headed for the front door, as ready as ever.

Grayson opened the front door for me with a cheesy grin, while I giggled at how much of a gentleman he was being. However, when I looked out at the road in front of my house and saw the black limo, my jaw dropped, whilst I turned towards Grayson in shock.
" you didn't- " I began, too surprised to even think about what I was saying before my hand was in his, and he'd brought it up to his lips.
He kissed the back of my hand gently with a smirk, bringing them down to our sides as he lead us to our fancy ride.
" oh, but i did "

The limo came to a stop outside of the venue, which was a well known hotel, here in jersey. It was rather expensive, and I was quite shocked that the school had even managed to hold such an event here.
Grayson helped me out of the car, taking my hand once again, as the other landed on my waist, guiding me towards the entrance. The dark night sky surrounded us as we walked up the small steps together, the two of us smiling like fools, our hearts beating out of our chests.
this was going to be one hell of a night.

" you look amazing, girl! " Aimee grinned as she wrapped me in a hug, practically gawking at my dress and makeup.
I smiled, complimenting her also. She was wearing the most stunning dark blue dress, and her light blonde hair was styled so beautifully. she was effortlessly gorgeous.
" have fun, you two! but use prote- "
" shut it, aimee! "

_____________________________

i'm splitting the prom
up into 3 different chapters!!