Bonus: Ranking the Seasons!

Ok, so the episodes were a little disorganized. Essentially all I did was give each episode a 1-10 rating, and then I looked at all my 10s and put them in order, all my 9s, and so on. So I wanted to be a little more organized about this. So what I did was I averaged together all the rankings from all the episodes of each season, and then the season with the lowest number (and therefore the highest average rank) was the winner! So with each season, you'll get a rundown of what I liked and didn't like, its average rank, its highest ranked episode, and its lowest ranked episode. So here we go.

7. Season 7:

No surprise here. I'm assuming that pretty much everyone will agree with me here, but feel free to tell me if you don't. Season 7 just didn't have it. Blame it on the new writers who didn't get the banter that the show was about, or on the disastrous previous season that they had to fix, but whatever it was, this season was a train wreck. Bad plot lines, people acting out of character, too much April and Christopher, anything that could go wrong in this season did. It's really just bad.

Average: 123

Best episode: Bon Voyage (#85)

Worst episode: Lorelai's First Cotillion (#151)

6. Season 6:

It's not a whole lot better, but at least the Palladinos were writing, so we at least got the dialogue that has since become synonymous with the show. And though many of the plots were ridiculous and far fetched (see: Lorelai sleeping with Christopher after the ultimatum to Luke) but there were a few episodes that were almost up to the level of the old seasons. It was awful, but it wasn't as bad as the next one.

Average: 114.9

Best episode: Friday Night's Alright for Fighting (#58)

Worst episode: Partings (#153)

5. Season 3:

Season 3 had some of the very best episodes of the show. It also had some of the worst. From the classics like Thanksgiving, the Dance Marathon, and the Poes to the disasters like the sprinkler episode, the Francie drama, and the weird misplaced Jess episode, this season was a really mixed bag. When it was good, it was great, but when it was bad, there wasn't much worse.

Average: 82.1

Best episode: A Tale of Poes and Fires (#4)

Worst episode: Here Comes the Son (#152)

4. Season 5:

Another one that had some greats and some not so greats. At least it went out well before it went down the drain. I LOVE a lot of season 5. I really like Logan and You Jump, I Jump Jack really is probably my favorite episode. The last three or four episodes marked the beginning of the end for the show, but it should probably be noted that, in my rankings, it's the only season that had three different episodes in the top 10.

Average: 52.8

Best episode: You Jump, I Jump Jack (#3)

Worst episode: We've Got Us a Pippi Virgin (#145)

3. Season 4:

Unlike the other seasons, this one got better toward the end. The last three episodes are some of my favorites of all time. But there were many times when it was kind of boring. And Jason could be a bit much. But watching Rory navigate college for the first time is entertaining and Lorelai opening the new inn is great. It's a season of milestones for everyone, and after 3 years of watching these people, we were just as ready for them to take those steps as they were. And for those milestones, we can put of with a few episodes that maybe weren't as entertaining as some in other seasons. All in all, it was actually a really good season.

Average: 51.1

Best episode: Last Week Fights, This Week Tights (#2)

Worst episode: Chicken or Beef (#115)

2. Season 1:

The beginning of the show was one of the best seasons by far. It took a little bit for the show to find its footing, but when it did, it was some really great TV.

Average: 50.9

Best episode: Forgiveness and Stuff (#1)

Worst episode: The Deer Hunters (#122)

1. Season 2:

The best season by far. It really had no bad episodes. Seriously, it's the only season that didn't have a single episode out of the top 100. It's really not a contest. Season 2 is the best season of the best show on TV.

Average: 48.3

Best episode: I Can't Get Started (#10)

Worst episode: The Ins and Outs of Inns (#93)

***So, give this a vote if you want to see my ranking of the characters! I really do have too much time on my hands, but I love this show, so if y'all want to see it, I'll do it!