144.

144. Lorelai? Lorelai?(Season 7, episode 20)

Lorelai serenades Luke with a very off key rendition of "I Will Always Love You", as if we didn't already know. This show is usually very good at telling us what it wants us to know without hitting us over the head with it. It lets us figure it out for ourselves. This just kind of seemed unnecessary. It seems like they could have shown us rather than telling us what Lorelai was feeling. Luke prepares to take a trip with April, because apparently the thought of spending several days alone with her doesn't make him want to vomit. I don't know, am I alone in this? Plus, this is yet another episode where Logan and Rory are planning their futures together, but apparently she doesn't ever consider marrying him. Weird.

High points: While I do think that the "I Will Always Love You"moment was a good example of the 7th season writers not getting the show's "show it, don't tell it" mentality, it's still very telling and a step in the right direction for the couple. And as much as I think it's a little over the top and out of character for Lorelai, I tear up just a little bit.

Low points: Like I said, it's over the top and out of character for Lorelai. She never does things like this. There's a reason she never does things like this. And Rory is out of character too, planning her life down to the tiniest little details, but then neglecting to think about the fact that maybe the guy she's been living with for two years might want to marry her. How did that not factor into her plans?

Best quote: "For all that extra advice, don't I get a doughnut?"-Lorelai