85.

85. Bon Voyage (Season 7, Episode 22)

The last episode of the series is much much better than the 21 that preceded it, and while it's not perfect, it's not a terrible ending to our beloved series. Rory gets a job following Barack Obama on the campaign trail and has to prepare to leave in three days, making both she and Lorelai very emotional. It's a good ending to watch Rory prepare to leave and to see how she feels that Lorelai has prepared her for the real world. The town throws a going away party for Rory,showing how much they care about her, and Lorelai by extension. Luke sews a tarp for the party and Emily and Richard come to show their support for Rory and tell Lorelai that the party is not just for her. Luke and Lorelai kiss and Luke tells her to take her time, showing that one day they will get back together.

Highpoints: Taylor makes a speech that is as disturbing as it is heartfelt. Emily and Richard are very nice in this episode and have a good moment with Lorelai. Luke and Lorelai kiss!

Low points: Though it's better than the rest of the season, this season never really seemed to get the verbal and humorous aspect of the show that defined the rest of the seasons. And it's hard to watch this episode because it means the end of the show we all loved so much.

Bestquote: "Mom, you've given me everything I need."- Rory