15.

15. Lorelai's Graduation Day (Season 2, Episode 21)

The highlight of this episode has to be the look that Emily and Richard give Lorelai as she walks across the stage at their graduation. Through all the garbage that characterizes their relationship, Richard and Emily show how proud they really are of their daughter. The secondary plot of the episode, which sees Rory ditching school and her commitments to Lorelai to see Jess in New York, is less entertaining. I'm as much of a fan of Jess as anyone, but this episode is Rory at her most immature. While the scenes themselves are funny, it shows just how young and naive Rory really is. She could have done this any time, but she chose the one day that she knew was important to her mother and left her during the one time she really wanted her there. While a certain level of immaturity can be excused due to the fact that she's 17, by that age, she should be beyond this. She should know that this is the one day where this behavior is even less appropriate. Still, it develops Rory's personality further and is the first of many times in which she will ruin other peoples' big day with her ridiculously immature romantic endeavors. And though her decisions and personality are often annoying, and at times infuriating, at least this time it made for good TV.

High points: Richard and Emily's faces as Lorelai graduates, Emily's taking over of the event, complete with a sound and video guy and some unwanted corsages, the return of Rory and Jess's chemistry

Low points: Rory's selfishness rears its ugly head yet again.

Best quote: "I'm surprised she has time for anything other than lighting darts on fire and throwing them at my picture."-Jess

The Definitive Ranking of All 153 episodes of Gilmore Girlsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें