Getting Over You

So this song (Getting Over You, Lauv) was randomly suggested to me on YouTube and I gave it a listen... then I was just like SONGFIC! (Also I've never heard of this artist before but damn this song is a bop)

TW: I'm not sure if it's a trigger warning but break up and a whole lot of crying!

Running from the morning
Think I hit a wall
Late nights, not you
Running from the moment
So I don't recall
Late nights, not you

Phil let out a tiny scream as he sent a punch flying towards his innocent pillow. He was crying so much that his vision was beginning to get blurred and he could barely see what he was doing at that point.

A pile of his ex-boyfriend's things laid on the floor, taunting him silently. All the photos and gifts reminded him of everything they had been through and it really hurt his heart.

He was hurting. So much that he yearned to sleep forever.

Waking up in a cold sweat
Someone else in this cold bed
I'd do anything to not be alone
All alone with the ceiling
All alone with this feeling
And I wonder if I'll ever let go

Phil's eyes jolted open and he sat up quickly. The space next to him was freezing because it lacked the man that had once laid there. He wiped his forehead with his hand, pulling it back once he realised he was drenched in sweat.

The guy seemed to haunt him in his dreams too. Sleep was once the only way Phil could avoid the memories of his ex but he had started to show up there too. He laid back down, keeping his gaze fixed on the empty ceiling. He missed the feeling of arms wrapped around him; the feeling of having someone laying beside him and, mostly, he missed the feeling of being loved.

I tried spending my nights under
Someone new
But the truth is
I could spend my whole life getting over you

"I'm sorry," Phil mumbled, pushing the other man away. The blonde's once soft eyes squinted to form a glare, looking rather disgusted. "I can't do this."

"What do you mean? You're the one who kissed me." He responded, standing up and pulling his shirt back on from where it had been discarded on the floor.

"I don't even know your name."

"So? I thought you wanted to... you know... hook up."

Phil shook his head, shamefully dropping his gaze to his lap. "I thought I was over someone but I'm not. I'm so-" Before Phil could even apologise a second time, the stranger had walked out and slammed the door.

Yeah yeah yeah
Getting over you
Getting over you
Getting over you
Getting over you
Getting over you
Getting over you

A knock on Phil's bedroom door made him lift his head up. He hurriedly wiped away all of the tears on his cheeks, looking up and attempting to look as okay as possible. That was fairly hard when his eyes were bloodshot from how much he had been crying. "You okay?" Dan, Phil's roommate, asked. He was looking down at Phil with furrowed eyebrows and an anxious countenance.

"I'm fine." Phil whispered but both were aware of the fact that he didn't mean it. Dan went silent for a moment as he took a seat beside his friend. He placed an arm on Phil's shoulder and that was enough to set him off again. Dan didn't even bother saying anything as he let Phil grip his shirt tightly and cry into his chest. He longed for his friend to be happy; to smile again and, most importantly, to feel loved again.

Drowning in my coffee
To wash the alcohol
Out my bloodstream
Sitting here I wonder
If we hadn't been at all
Who would I be
Waking up in a cold sweat
Someone else in this cold bed
And I wonder if I'll ever let go