Definitely.

*Inspired by me Skyping one of my internet friends for the first time..*

Okay, so I didn't edit this properly and I wrote this in like ten minutes so excuse its terribleness >.<

Dan picked up his phone as Phil sent him a message.

You ready to Skype? :)

Dan replied within seconds, his laptop already open in front of him. He clicked into Phil's Skype profile and bit his lip.

His heart was beating a mile a minute and his forehead was already beginning to sweat (annoyingly it curled the tips of his hair). He couldn't help but stare at Phil's profile picture, fear dwelling in the pit of his stomach that he may not be good enough. Dan's finger hovered over the call button.

After about five minutes of nothing, he realised he couldn't do it.

Thousands of ways that it could go wrong were running through Dan's head, hypnotising him into thinking the Skype call would be a complete disaster.

Phil was his internet friend. His best internet friend. It wasn't like he would judge him and Dan knew that. Dan was just afraid that he would say the wrong thing or make a stupid mistake.

Phil, I can't do it

Dan sent the message with trembling hands. Frustrated tears were filling his eyes, clouding over the soft hazel colour. His head was in his hands as he couldn't help hating himself for being so weak.

You can, Dan. I promise you that you can. Would it be easier if I called you?

Dan smiled softly at Phil's response before replying with a simple 'yes'.

Just seconds later, his laptop began playing the Skype ringtone.

Dan closed his eyes, took a deep breath and clicked answer.

"Hey Dan!" Phil said, his voice sounding like music to Dan's ears. Dan hesitantly opened his eyes to see his best friend grinning back at him.

"Hi." Dan mumbled and he generally couldn't help smiling at the fact that he had done it.

His internet friend was in front of him, on Skype and he was no longer freaking out.

-

By the end of the call, Dan was ecstatic that he had beaten his nerves. Phil was the loveliest person and they had talked for hours about their common interests.

Dan closed his laptop with a wide smile on his face. Phil had just texted him too (because apparently hours of talking face to face wasn't enough).

Wow, that was amazing. Can we Skype tomorrow as well?

Dan immediately responded, completely confident about what he was saying.

Definitely.

I'm not even lying I am Skyping my friend as I write this and, for some reason, I am very nervous to post this XD

My question for this one shot is...

Have you ever Skyped an internet friend? How did you feel when you talked to them for the first time?

YES AND I LITERALLY FELT LIKE DAN DOES IN THIS. IT'S SO NERVE WRACKING.