Please...

I feel like I should set a deadline for the MYSTERIOUS PROJECT so I'm going to say I'll stop taking submissions on... June 23rd?

If you really want to participate but are unable to meet this deadline, please contact me ASAP and we can sort something out ^-^

Thank you for all the participants so far! You're awesome and I super appreciate you for wanting to take part :) I haven't got too many so more would be appreciated but I understand if no one else wants to take part.

Once again, thank you! Even if you don't participate!

(Yes this is a copy of the message on my profile thing and, if you don't know what I'm talking about, please read the author's note at the end of the last chapter and/or the messages on my profile.)

TW: Depression, mentions of suicide/suicidal thoughts.

Phil woke up with a start, sitting up and frantically glancing around the room. He let out a short scream as he noticed a figure on the end of his bed. "Shut up! Dan's going to hear you," Someone said. Phil's eyes widened as he realised he was looking directly at himself from... the future? He looked slightly older and he had shorter hair. His hand moved to his arm, punching hard and squeaking when he felt the pain. "You need to talk to Dan."

"It's one in the morning. He isn't even awake." Younger Phil replied, brushing his fringe out of his eyes. His older self was frowning as he shook his head.

"He is awake, trust me. He's about to do something stupid and you need to help him. If you don't, you're going to set both you and Dan up for a very stressful and emotional future."

"Huh?" 2009!Phil obviously wasn't getting it so the elder stood up, gesturing for his past self to follow.

"He isn't in a good place, Phil." The younger pushed Dan's bedroom door open to see his best friend was sitting on his bed, sobbing into his knees. He looked up when Phil had walked in, quick to yell at him to leave. Phil stayed put, instead sitting beside Dan.

"Dan, talk to me." Younger Phil mumbled, placing a gentle hand on his friend's knee. He glanced back at his older self who was smiling reassuringly. The elder had tears in his eyes but he wiped them away so the younger didn't notice.

"I can't." Dan's voice sounded so fragile and it broke both generations of Phil's hearts.

"Yes, you can. What's going on?" Dan then sobbed as he finally opened up to his friend. He told him about his insecurities and pessimistic thoughts; how he hurt himself in the past and how, most days, he wished that he'd disappear. Throughout the entire heart-wrenching conversation, both Phils were crying, the younger of the two hugging Dan tightly. Phil whispered kind words, telling him he would always be there for him- no matter what. Dan fell asleep in Phil's arms.

Older Phil looked at his younger self, tears finally escaping. "Please..." He murmured. "Look after him. It hurt so much to see him go on his own accord." The elder then faded into nothing and ceased to exist until years later.

I don't know what this is... but hopefully it's okay!