Dare

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE

"Okay, Dan... I dare you to..." The boy scanned the field in search of something daring for Dan to do. His eyes soon laid on a punk man in the distance with a cigarette in his hand. The boy smirked evilly before announcing Dan's dare. "Go over to that guy and ask for a cigarette. If he gives you one you need to smoke it."

Dan's eyes widened momentarily but then he swallowed thickly, nodding. He just wanted to fit in with the populars and if this was the price he needed to pay, he'd do it. Especially if it stopped the bullying. "Okay." Dan replied, fake confidence in his voice. His friends nodded back at him, gesturing for him to go over to the man.

Dan wandered towards him, trying his best to look more intimidating that he actually was. "Excuse me!" He said, hating how polite that sounded. "Can I.. you know.."

The stranger raised an eyebrow, having no idea what the kid was on about. "I know what?" He questioned. As soon as Dan heard his Northern accent, his knees started to shake. His voice was quite deep and Dan was actually beginning to get scared (that was the understatement of the year... he was petrified).

"Haveoneofyourcigarettes." His words merged into one due to his fear and so the man only just figured out what he said. He exhaled some smoke and sighed, shaking his head. Dan turned back to his friends, who were watching him closely, as if they were examining all of Dan's movements. "Please." The man snorted: there was no way the kid would smoke with those manners and his innocent face.

"No way. Smoking is a bad habit, kid. You don't want to get into it, trust me." The stranger brought their cigarette back to his lips, his eyes drifting to the group of teenagers watching them. "Are they your friends?"

Dan looked down at his feet, nodding slowly. He then looked back at them again to see that they had completely lost interest; they had probably moved onto the next dare, forgetting about Dan.

"Are they forcing you to do this?"

"It was a dare." Dan mumbled, quite ashamed.

"Don't do what they say, do what you want. That will make you happy."

"But it doesn't? No one likes me and, if I do things like this, they'll like me and stop bullying me."

"Yeah, right," The man dropped the cigarette onto the floor and proceeded to stamp on it. "If you do this, nothing will change on your social level. Smoking is an idiotic move and you'll just get addicted and then you'll be even unhappier."

Dan sighed, placing his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans.

"I'm Phil, by the way."

"Dan..."

"You seem pretty cool to me; I don't see why you're not popular."

"You're just saying that.. You don't even know me. I'm just an 'emo freak' who cries himself to sleep every night and gets picked on because he's so articulate."

"It will pass, you know? As soon as school's over, you'll find people who are similar to you and you'll make friends. You just need to make it through this stage in your life."

"How do you know that.." Dan muttered, refusing to look Phil in the eye.

"Because I was in the same place as you and then I met people outside of school who had the same interests as me."

"How?"

"I just did. They were mostly online but they're still awesome."

"What do you like anyway? Could we be friends..?"

"How old are you?"

"I'm 15.."

"I'm 19 so wouldn't it be weird if we were friends?"

"It would be a bit weird if we were in a relationship?" Dan said before going bright red and waving his arms around and saying, "No, I didn't mean we would be! I was just-"

"I know." Phil ruffled the younger's hair with a playful grin on his face. "I suppose we could be friends though... but it does depend on what you like?"

"Anime, YouTube, videogames, board games, My Chemical Romance, Muse..."

"Wow.. I'd say our interests are identical."

The ending is a bit bleh but it will do

I have two questions today!

1. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?
Nothing because I'm getting older, my friend didn't want to do anything with me because she's busy yay and my sister has other plans!

UPDATE: LIES I AM GOING TRICK OR TREATING WITH MY SISTER AND HER FRIEND YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR HALLOWEEN! I AM WEARING MY TOTORO ONESIE BECAUSE IT IS SO LAST MINUTE!

2. How do you look after yourself?
(Because self care is important!)

I take baths with lots and lots of bubbles and listen to happy music. I also watch some stuff (I'm currently watching Riverdale, Stranger Things and My Hero Academia for that one person wondering) and bake nice food!