Maybe We Could? (2)

"I'm sorry." Phil mumbled, his face bright red.

"What for?" Dan asked in response, raising an eyebrow and looking at his friend.

"For bringing up the subject of us kissing? I mean... don't you think it's kind of weird that we just kissed?" Phil's gaze slowly drifted downwards until it hit the floor. The movie in the background was still paused and neither of the men were going to play it anytime soon.

"It's not that weird." They silenced as neither knew what to say. The atmosphere was extremely awkward until.. "Did you like it?" Dan blurted out before bringing a hand to his face to hide the growing blush.

"Did I like it?" Phil was obviously avoiding the question which didn't settle the nerves in Dan's stomach. He was expecting Phil to come out with something similar to 'no, of course I didn't like it! You're a terrible kisser.' which, in all honesty, made Dan feel ill. "Yeah.. I suppose I did." The room lapsed into silence as Dan was too surprised to respond. His face was a deep pink as Phil frowned, leaning the slightest bit closer. "Did you?"

Dan felt like he had taken a short trip back to 2009 because of the anxiety in his stomach. He felt like he was his 18-year-old self, his whole body trembling as he looked at Phil with a glint of uncertainty in his eyes. All the shyness had suddenly returned. "I-I.." He was even stuttering! Dan could literally feel his fringe getting longer into its 2009 messy style. Of course that was only hypothetically: he couldn't escape this awkward moment in 2016 with 2016 him and Phil. "I-I guess I did."

Phil smiled widely before reaching out and taking Dan's hand into his own. "Honestly.. Why haven't we kissed before?" Dan just shrugged, his gaze dropping to Phil's (undeniably kissable) lips. "Maybe we could kiss again?"

Dan's face somehow got even pinker before he took a deep breath and whispered.. "Maybe we could."

How are you all?

^As you can see I am desperately running out of questions to ask at the end of my one shots^

I'm not really feeling great but it doesn't matter all that much XD