Love Doesn't Hurt (2)

TW: Same as last time.

"Dan? Have you not had dinner yet?" Phil asked one night when he noticed that Dan was busy browsing the internet on his laptop. It was almost eight (in the evening) and Phil could have sworn he hadn't seen Dan move from his "browsing position" all day... not even for food.

"But Tumblr..." Dan groaned, clicking something on the website.

"Dan, you need to eat." Phil sounded more worried than stern but Dan could feel himself flinching slightly.

"I'm not hungry." Dan grumbled.

"You haven't eaten all day. You must be!"

"I'm not."

"Just get up and stop being so lazy." Phil, admittedly, had had a bad morning. He had forgotten to water his houseplants, burnt his toast when making breakfast and had broken his tripod: he wasn't happy so, when Dan didn't budge, Phil sighed loudly to himself. "Dan."

"Phil..." Dan was pushing his luck, he really was. Phil's hands were curling into fists at his sides; he wasn't planning on hitting Dan, he was just really frustrated.

"Dan, just being so damn lazy and get yourself dinner. I'm not in the mood for you to be difficult. Just eat something!" Dan looked up from his laptop and his eyes were wide. He didn't dare move from where he was sitting (it wasn't like he could move anyway... he was completely frozen). Phil met eyes with Dan and he realised what he had just done. "I'm sorry, Dan... I shouldn't have shouted!" Phil ran forward to hug Dan as an apology but Dan jolted away, his eyes wide with fear. Phil's arms dropped to his sides and he felt tears well up in his eyes. "I'm sorry." He mumbled before racing upstairs and slamming the door to his bedroom.

Dan stared at the space where Phil was standing in disbelief. It had been so many years since Charlie but he still hated shouting. It made his body stiffen, his eyes widen and his face drain of colour. Dan stood up, staring into the distance like he was in a trance and walked towards the front door of the apartment. He slipped on his shoes before slowly reaching out and turning the door handle.

-

"PJ, I shouted at him!" Phil sobbed, holding his phone against his ear.

"Why did you do that?" PJ sighed, discreetly annoyed at his best friend.

"He wouldn't eat dinner. I was worried."

"You know his past... you need to talk to him."

"Okay, thank you, Peej."

-

Dan walked along the path with his hands in the pockets of his skinny jeans. Tears were stinging his eyes but he refused to let them fall. He approached an almost empty park and noticed a bench on its own at the edge of the field. Dan sat down on the bench before letting a tear slip down his pale cheek.

His stomach rumbled loudly and that only made Dan cry more.

-

"He has left the house, PJ!" Phil cried, frantically pacing up and down the living room.

"Call him then." PJ sighed: Phil was losing his sense.

"Okay." Phil hung up on PJ before clicking into Dan's contact. It rang a few times before Dan picked up. "I didn't mean to shout..." Phil whispered after an awkward moment of silence.

"That's what Charlie always said." Dan mumbled, his voice trembling. Phil felt immensely bad for reminding Dan of his stupid ex-boyfriend.

"I'm not Charlie though. I'm Phil, your best friend."

"I know.. that doesn't mean you won't hurt me." Dan was hiccupping loudly as he wailed and sobbed. Phil could only imagine how sad Dan must have looked as he spoke to him.

"I won't, Dan. I promise. Where are you?"

"At a park."

"What park?"

"I don't know..."

"Can you just come home? Please? I'm really sorry."

"I'll be there soon..."

-

Dan closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he pushed open the front door to his and Phil's apartment. Phil was immediately there to meet him and envelope him in a warm hug. "I'm sorry." Phil mumbled as Dan stepped back from the embrace.

"Promise you won't shout at me again?" Dan looked at Phil with wide, tear filled eyes. To Phil, he looked so innocent and fragile; he most definitely did not deserve for something so horrible to happen to him.

"I promise. I promise, I promise, I promise!"

"I love you, Philly." Dan stepped forward and hugged his best friend again.

With Phil's arms wrapped around him, he knew he was safe.

I don't have a question today
I'm not in the mood XD
I'm sorry