YOU GUYS ARE SO NICE / Confident

I JUST SPENT A COUPLE OF HOURS WRITING OUT ALL YOUR ADORABLE AND KIND COMMENTS AND THEN I REALISED I DIDN'T HAVE A FUDGING JAR TO PUT THEM IN BUT THEN I FOUND A BOX AND STUCK PAPER TO IT AND NOW, UNTIL I FIND A JAR, THIS WILL HAVE TO DO XD

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES XD

I am aware the box looks bad but I will find something better soon XD

Onto the one shot..! (This was a prompt)

Dan regularly visited his local Starbucks and studied. It may not be the most ideal place to work but he liked the environment. His town was pretty small so the shop was usually pretty empty and that meant it was quiet and peaceful. Dan would order his favourite drink before sitting down at his favourite table and put in his earphones. He was a nervous man, he was constantly on edge and he hated looking at people in the eye. He always kept his gaze on the floor.

Which would be perfect in any world but his own. His friend, Louise, always joked that he would never meet his soulmate because he didn't look at people's eyes. Every person had one coloured eye which was their eye colour and another which was their soulmate's. Dan's eye colour was a soft hazel and his soulmate's was apparently an electrifying blue. The way to know if someone is your soulmate is whether you have the same eyes or not.

Dan sat down in his usual seat at the back and opened up his law textbook. He was just reading the first paragraph when he heard a voice he had never heard before. The voice was beautiful in every way a voice can be beautiful. Everyone knew everyone in his little town so there must have been someone new into town.

Dan didn't think much of it, just reading more of his work.

-

"Dan, why are we here? You said we were going to the cinema!" Louise whined.

"We are going to the cinema.. after I have some coffee." Dan responded, walking up to the counter and waiting to be served. Dan said his order and the barista nodded, even though Dan wasn't even looking at him.

"I'll have-" Louise started but she was cut off when she saw the barista's eyes. "Dan? Look at me?" Dan raised an eyebrow but timidly lifted his head to look at Louise anyway. "No way." She diverted her gaze from Dan to the barista and back.

"What?" Dan said, worry filling his countenance.

"You're soulmates." Louise muttered like she couldn't believe what she had just said.

"No, I come here every day. I think I'd know if we were soulmates." Louise then burst out laughing, catching both Dan and the barista off guard.

"I knew this would happen! You don't look at people's eyes so you wouldn't know who your soulmate was even if they were right in front of you!"

"I don't believe he's my soulmate." Dan forced himself to look up at the barista with all the courage he could put together. His mouth dropped open because the barista in front of him had one electrifying blue eye and one soft hazel. "You're my soulmate." He said, sounding just as shocked as Louise. His anxiety completely vanished and suddenly, he felt as confident as ever.

"I'll ask if I can take my break now." The barista just said, his eyes just as wide as Dan's. He turned and spoke to the person behind him before wandering over to Dan and Louise.

"I think you two need some time alone." Louise raised one eyebrow, obviously implying something. Dan was shaking his head (rather violently) and the barista looked more than confused. "I'll just leave now.. Dan, we're going to the cinema tomorrow though." Dan just nodded as Louise walked out of the shop, leaving him alone with his apparent soulmate.

"I'm Phil Lester." The barista said, holding out his hand for Dan to shake.

"Dan Howell."

"That's a nice name."

"Thank you. Tell me about yourself."

"Well I am a giant geek.. I love anime and video games. I also really like YouTubers and am in love with most of them-" Dan was about to carry on but Phil cut him off.

"Looks like I have a bit of competition... who do I have to kill?" Phil chuckled and Dan couldn't help but find his laugh adorable.

"I somehow believe you won't be able to hunt down Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee."

"I have my ways."

-

"You're awesome. We literally love all the same things!" Phil grinned, looking directly into Dan's eyes. "It's so cool."

"I know.. I think I have to go now though..." Dan was suddenly shy again and he refused to meet Phil's gaze. His eyes were glued to his feet again.

"That's alright. Can I have your number?"

"Definitely." Phil took a notebook out of his pocket (the one he used to take orders) and passed it to Dan. Dan quickly jotted down his number before nervously giving it back to Phil.

"Thanks. I'll call you." Phil said before awkwardly opening his arms. Dan seemed unsure on how to respond until Phil gestured for him to hug him. Dan timidly wrapped his arms around Phil. Time seemed to stop as Dan's body pressed against Phil's. They seemed to fit together like jigsaw pieces and both felt more comfortable than ever before.

"See you later." Dan smiled as he broke away from the hug. He felt a weird warmth inside his heart and that was when he knew that there was no mistake, Phil Lester was his soulmate. Dan really really liked the way he felt when he was with him: he didn't feel anxious at all, he felt confident. Phil, after just a couple of hours of talking, had done something none of his friends, after knowing him most of his life, could do... he made Dan feel confident.

I hope that was okay >.<

When was the last time you cried?