Maria

"I'm telling you, Daniel, their daughter is perfect for you. Her name is Maria and she likes all that anime stuff you like." Dan's mum said, making Dan groan to himself.

"I don't want to go..." He glanced down at his smart shoes, much preferring the idea of staying at home and watching a movie.

"You have to because I've already told them you'll be there. Now come on or we are going to be late."

-

"Dan, this is Maria. Maria, this is Dan." Dan's mum introduced the pair who smiled shyly at each other. "Go... get to know each other whilst we wait for dinner."

-

"So," Dan muttered, sitting down on Maria's bed and fiddling with his hands. "Did you agree to this?"

"Nope, you?" Maria immediately responded.

"No. I'm glad we're on the same page, here. My mum forced me here because I'm so lonely all the time."

"Aw my mum invited you over for the exact same reason..."

"I even came out to my mum as gay a while ago? She obviously doesn't believe me which is really annoying. It's obvious I'm not straight, is it not?" Maria nodded with a small giggle.

"Me too though."

"Really?" Dan seemed surprised. Mainly because her room was so stereotypical of a straight girls': posters of boy bands, lots of pink and make up everywhere. He didn't like to assume things though so he didn't mention that and he tried to push the thought out of his mind.

"Yup." Someone then interrupted their conversation by knocking on the door and pushing it open slightly.

"Dinner's ready." A boy murmured. He had black hair that covered part of his face, soft blue eyes and, well... he was attractive. The mysterious boy wandered away and Dan turned to Maria, his eyes wide.

"Who's that?"

"My brother, Phil."

"He's cute."

"Disgusting." Maria laughed before standing up and heading out of the room, Dan trailing not too far behind.

-

"So, you and Dan..." Maria's mum started, smiling gently. Maria's eyebrows raised and she let out a small laugh.

"Sorry, neither of us are feeling it."

"You need to get over this gay nonsense!" Maria's mum was glaring at her daughter who just rolled her eyes as a response.

"You too, Dan. It's ridiculous."

"It's not. It's who we are and you can't change it."

"You'll find a nice girl someday." Dan didn't even bother responding, deciding to just silently begin picking at his food.

"I know." Maria replied with a smirk, making her mother roll her eyes.

-

Dan had left Maria for a minute or so, just needing to go to bathroom. Once he had finished his business, he walked out of the room just to bump into another person. "I'm so sorry." Phil muttered, his eyes wide.

"It was my fault. I'm sorry." Dan replied, looking down at his feet.

"It's okay. I can't believe my mum and your mum tried to set you up with Maria. It honestly makes me laugh because she has absolutely no interest in boys..."

"And I have no interest in girls. Boys are more handsome and cute."

"Agreed."

Dan's eyes widened and he backed up a little, not sure if Phil was joking.

"I'm gay too but mum is yet to know. I think you're pretty cute by the way."

Dan and Phil found themselves leaning towards each other and then they were kissing passionately.

"Dan-" Maria went to call because Dan was taking an awfully long time in the bathroom. She couldn't even form the name though because she came across an unexpected sight: her brother kissing the boy she has been set up to be dating. She shielded her eyes and yelled, "GET A ROOM!"

This one isn't too good but oh well :)

Inspired by my exams this week, how do you revise?

I need some advice because I always leave revising to the last minute and end up panicking oops.

Personally, I make so many flash cards for key words/theories and force my mum to go through them with me. Sometimes I copy out old notes/make posters/do practice exam questions but that's only if I'm not feeling lazy and like who am I kidding I'm always feeling lazy

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION I POSTED A NEW BOOK YESTERDAY! IT IS CALLED YOU CAN DO IT! IF YOU WANT YOU CAN GO CHECK IT OUT :D (thanks if you do)