Impossible Year

Songfic to Impossible Year, Panic! At the Disco. This was a prompt.
Please don't be offended by what some of the stuff I said about phans. I don't mean any of it, okay?

2012. It was a hectic year for Dan and Phil. There was drama around every corner all because of their ship name 'phan'. There were videos, Phanfiction, comments, spams, all saying the same thing: Phan is real. It was. Until people decided that Phan was the only thing they cared about- not their actual emotions. It stressed the pair out. Their videos- which they spent hours filming and editing- no longer had compliments as comments, just people spamming Phan. It both angered and upset them both.

So they decided to end it. "We're better off as friends." Dan had said to Phil, tears in his eyes. Phil had just solemnly nodded. He agreed. It would calm down the spam if they acted more like friends.

There's no sunshine
This impossible year
Only black days and sky grey
And clouds full of fear
And storms full of sorrow
That won't disappear
Just typhoons and monsoons
This impossible year

2012. It was an impossible year. Neither knew how they had survived it with the way it had gone. After the split, Dan and Phil distanced themselves. They didn't talk as much. They minimised how many videos they made together. They stopped looking at each other in the way they used to.

The phans noticed. Of course they did. They were more than confused. It was weird not to see Dan staring lovingly at Phil and vice-versa.

They caught onto the raincloud slowly enveloping both of them, drowning their love.

There's no good times
This impossible year
Just a beachfront of bad blood
And a coast that's unclear
All the guests at the party
They're so insincere
They just intrude and exclude
This impossible year

2012. There didn't seem to be any good times.. even if there were, they were largely outweighed by the bad. It was a low. A low for Dan. A low for Phil. A low for Phan.

There was so much tension. Everyone could feel it.

The phans kept quiet about phan, too scared that they would create an argument. They noticed that Dan was easily enraged: he constantly seemed on edge. There was one time a phan asked him about phan and he completely flipped. It hurt the phan. It hurt Phil. It still hurt Dan.

There's no you and me
This impossible year
Only heartache and heartbreak
And gin made of tears
The bitter pill is swallowed
The scars souvenir
That tattoo, your last bruise
This impossible year

2012. Dan and Phil both spent long hours crying to themselves, unsure on what to do. They loved each other but they couldn't be together. They wanted people to like them for their video content and personality, not their relationship status. Why couldn't the phans understand that?

Heartache. Heartache was felt all through the year. Dan and Phil yearned for each other but they could do absolutely nothing about their feelings. They had to ignore them.

That hurt. Them both.

There's never air to breathe
There's never in-betweens
These nightmares always hang on past the dream

2012. Dan and Phil never felt like they had air to breathe. They constantly felt like they were suffocating, the words and comments were hands gripping their necks and choking them. Every single phan comment made them feel like they were trapped in a room without air.

The phans could never know the truth. Dan and Phil appreciated privacy. Why didn't any of the phans get that? People wouldn't care about their video content if they knew they were together- they would only be focused on their relationship.

Dan and Phil didn't want that. They wanted people to pay attention to the messages they put across in their videos. They wanted to help people.

They couldn't do that if the only comments were people claiming they had phan proof.

There's no sunshine
There's no you and me
There's no good times
This impossible year

2012. The year definitely left permanent scars. Neither Dan nor Phil were sure if things would ever be the same. Phans still brought it up in 2016 and it triggered something inside both of their hearts. It gave them nightmares.. could it happy again? Would it? Neither of them wanted a repeat of 2012. It was horrible.

2012. How did they survive?

2016. 2016 was the year that finally brought sunshine. Dan and Phil. Good times. They accepted who they were and so did their phans. Their phans learnt that there was more to their videos than phan proof. They were happy. They were together. And they were proud.

I don't really like this one much 0_o

How do you cheer yourself up?

I don't know.