Emma

RIP DANISNOTONFIRE OH GOSH WHY DANIEL

"Today we are going to be making Mothers' Day cards!" Phil Lester announced to the class of seven year olds. Most of them were grinning widely at the fact that they didn't have to do actual work. One particular kid just looked down at her lap with a saddened expression, unsure of what to do. "Paper is at the front and colouring pencils are on my desk!"

Phil stopped talking at the room erupted into chatter. Boys and girls ran to the front, excitedly collecting the paper and pencils so that they could draw their cards out. Phil was grinning as he watched how happy all of the children were... or most of them were happy.

One girl was sitting at the back, frowning. The children were buzzing around her as she stayed silent- unsure what she was meant to be doing. Phil noticed her and called her to the front, hoping the child was okay.

"Emma? Can you come here, please." Phil called and the young girl stood up, embarrassed due to the sudden attention. She shuffled to the front, keeping her head down on the way in hopes of going unnoticed. "Are you alright?"

"I have nothing to do..." Emma mumbled so quietly that Phil was unsure if he had heard it correctly.

"Do you not have a mother? I am so sorry-"

"Why are you apologising? I love my dads." Phil finally realised what she was on about when she said "dads", he noticed the way that it was plural and that made him smile.

"Do you really? What are their names?" Phil asked, hoping to distract the girl for some of the lesson (because he had no alternative activity for her to do... he expected everyone to happily get on with the cards).

"Joe and Caspar! They're the best!"

"That's cute. You remind me of my son slightly. His name's Dil. You're both so chirpy and enthusiastic." Phil chuckled, smiling at the thought of his son.

"My dads are going to be here for parents' evening, you can meet them!" Emma grinned widely, almost jumping up and down in excitement. "You can be friends!"

"I'd love to meet them! I might even bring my partner along, his name's Dan."

"Is he nice like you?"

"He's amazing."

-

"Your daughter has been telling me a lot about you." Phil chuckled, looking directly towards Emma's parents.

"Has she really? Hopefully they were nice things." One of them responded. (From Emma's rough descriptions, he assumed it was Caspar.)

"They were, don't worry. She really reminds me of my son, you know. You're lucky to have her."

"I know, I love her so much. Is your son annoying too?" Emma pouted from where she was sitting on Joe's lap. Joe just ruffled her hair after Caspar's comment.

"Definitely. Anyways, Emma is a lovely child and it's a pleasure to have her in my class. She's quiet, calm and always gets on with her work..."

-

"We have a new boy in our class today," Phil exclaimed, looking around at the room of smiling faces. "His name is Dil." Dil timidly walked into the room, giving the other children a small wave.

The only free seat was beside Emma and, recognising the name, she grinned as Dil sat beside her. "Hello." Dil mumbled, taking his seat.

"Are you Mr Lester's son?" Emma asked and Dil just nodded.

-

"Hey, Phil!" Dan exclaimed, walking towards his partner with a wide smile on his face. "How was your day? Did Dil settle in alright?"

"Yeah, he has already made a friend!" Phil seemed overjoyed as he packed away his belongings. There were two students still in the class, packing away their items- Dil and Emma.

"You're Dan!" Emma practically yelled once she realised that the man was Phil's partner. She then dropped her bag onto the table and ran towards Dan, wrapping her arms around the tall man. "Mr Lester told me a lot about you!"

"Oh yeah?"

"He loves you very much!"

"And I love him too." Dan ruffled Emma's hair, making her giggle.

"You remind me of my dads."

Haha this was an old draft that I didn't like but I have nothing else to post. I just want to say my exams start soon so I won't be posting for a while. My last exam is on the 17th of June so it really might be a while until I post again.

I'm sorry.. <3