B1OOD - [THE BEGINNING]

✝✝✝

     "Next!" A low voice shouts from inside the room.

     Without wasting anyone's time, the large wooden door opens. A beautiful lady - who was only wearing a choker - enters the room and stands in front of a sofa where a young man was seated.

     "My Lord, this is 116-years-old, Khaila Hudson. A First Class Vampire from a Middle Blood family. She has three siblings, and is the youngest amongst them. She has been trained to be a perfect wife for a noble vampire like yourself. She's a better choice compared to the other women that we have already met today," an older man explains while looking at the young man sitting on the sofa.

     The young man doesn't say anything and just continues to stare at the lady in front of him.

     The lady was flawless.

     She had pale and soft skin, irresistible red lips, and a body that any man would desire. But as beautiful and demure as she may be, she could not help but break her composure in front of the young man on the sofa. His stare was so intense that she couldn't help but gulp and look away from him.

     "Too young," the young man finally says, "next," he continues.

     The old man standing beside him looks at him with an angry expression, but he doesn't say anything and just apologetically looks back at the lady who was standing in the middle of the room.

     "Thank you for your time, you may go," the old man tells the lady as he gestures at the large door on her left.

     The lady politely nods her head, bows in front of the young man on the sofa, and leaves without saying a single word.

     The old man takes a deep breath. He was about to shout for the next woman to enter the room, but the young man sitting on the sofa immediately stops him.

     "That is enough for today," he says as he stands up from the sofa. He was about to leave the room but the old man quickly grabs his arm to stop him, "Is this how you're going to act every time we conduct your selection? That was the 34th woman this week!"

     The young man doesn't say anything, but his iris suddenly turns red, immediately making the old man let go of his arm, like the young man's arm suddenly burned his palm so he had to quickly let go of him.

     "I choose the vampire who is fit to become my wife. The ladies today did not fit any of my standards so I dismissed them. Do you have a problem with that, sir Clemens?" the young man asks, his iris slowly turning back to a normal green color.

     Etienne Clemens, also known as Sir Clemens, sighs and finally nods his head as a sign of defeat.