RIP

I walked into the animal shelter i'be been working at for the last six months, cole worked with me. Since I had two jobs, I worked nights at the shelter three times a week and days at the flower shop four days a week.

I came in to find one of my fellow workers with red cheeks and puffy eyes, he's been crying for a while.

"What's wrong Caleb?" I asked him as he wiped away his tears.

"We came in this morning and found half of the dogs dead. we don't know if they died because they got into something or if it's because they we're all sick and just up and died but they're gone. Cassidy is a mess and sent me you and cole to dig the dogs graves out back in the pet cemetery." He said as I started to cry.

"Yeah, we'll be...right on it.." I said "let me just go visit the remaining of my dogs please?" I asked and Caleb nodded letting me in the back where the dogs stayed.

I didn't know which dogs we're left and who was still alive but I needed to know.

I walked towards my section and cupped my hand to my mouth. there were three dogs out of fifteen left In my section, Bella a blue pitbull, scout a German Shepard, and Dane a malamute/Great Dane mix

The dogs that were dead were still in there cages laid limp.

"Why are they still in the cages?" I asked myself and jumped when I got an answer.

"They don't have anywhere to put them before they get buried, because there is so many, so they are leaving them In the cages until the holes are dug" cole said from behind me as I turned around and hugged him tight.

He wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his chest while he just whispered that everything was going to be alright and that this happens in life.

After cole let me cry and hug him for a good five minutes we went to the back dig the holes and places the dogs in the holes. I said a few silent words as we buried them and then cole and I had to go on a rescue.

We had to get five pitbull puppies and a mother from this house that was abandoned.

"Hey maybe the puppies will get your mind off the deaths at the shelter."

"No they won't..."

Yes they did....