can i press this button...?

veronica had got back from her science convention thingy and she brought home a different machine.

"hi veronica glad you home! ohhhh what's that? its shiny....can I touch it?!?" I asked grabbing at it, she slapped my hand away.

"don't touch it! it is a machine that I created that turns the lights off or on in whatever room it's in." she said testing it out seeing if it worked. sure enough it did.

paige came down the steps with viper in her hand, I squealed and jumped up on veronica's back. she gasped and we both fell backwards on the ground.

"don't take a step closer paige. Alaska is choking me right now from fear of your snake. move closer and she will pop my eye sockets out." paige smiled evilly and replied with.

"oh I gotta see that." she stepped closer and I squeezed onto veronica more without thinking. she pried my arms away from her and stood up paige looked down at me and threw her snake at me.

"oh my GOSH!!" I screamed as it fell beside me on the floor.

"paige pick it up." veronica said pointing to the snake paige huffed and picked it up acting like she was going to throw it on me and walking back to veronica. hugging her for half a second and letting go.

"thank god your back. come on I have some things to tell you. while you were gone for those few days Alaska broke a lot of your stuff." she said as they ran up the stairs.

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT....90 PRECENT OF THE TIME!"  I yelled up the stairs looking at the kitchen table where veronica's lights on and off machine sat I smiled and picked it up.

"can I press this button...?" I asked

"yes you can" I replied to myself in my version of veronicas voice pressing the button the lights shut off I walked into the living room shutting the lights off and on and off and on and off and.....

*POOF*

the lights broke and they wouldn't turn back on. my eyes went wide and I slowly set the controller down.

"uhhhh....veronica...Richie broke your light controller!!" I yelled before she came down the stairs with her arms folded.

"Alaska...Richie isn't even home you nimrod." she said raising an eyebrow.

"oh...a ghost broke your light controller!"