4th Of July Gig: Rebellious Youth pt 1

Cole has been out of the hospital for about two weeks, while he was in the hospital Rob and Violet got our band, Rebellious Youth, a gig at a fourth of July event.

"Okay, so we are gonna preform during the firework show. the fireworks are gonna go off behind the stage. what songs do you want to cover?" Rob asked as we sat in the garage of Violets house, it was turned into a hangout spot/ band practice room. It has beanbags in the corner for meetings, the equipment in the middle of the room for practice and a video game area in a different corner for when we come to just hang out. It was just Rob, Violet, Brad, and I since Cole was still hospital bound.

"lets do different genres. i mean, its fourth of july and tons of people with different music styles are gonna be there, you dont want to just play rock music for them. we need to play some country and pop that way everyone enjoys the music." I said, using my hands to rest my head since I was laying on my stomach on the bean bag.

"Okay, well we have about two hours on stage, how about we play two songs from the genres we pick out like country, pop, rock. And we will practice so we figure how much time we've got. six songs don't sound like enough but we are talking in between songs too." Rob said, getting up to grab a pen and piece of paper.

"I'll call Cole to get him in on what we're doing." I took out my phone and dialed Coles phone.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Cole said when he picked up the phone.

"Hey, nothing, I'm just here with
Violet, Rob, and Brad and we need song ideas to play at the Fourth of July gig Rob and Violet booked us."

"What genre are we doing?" He asked

"Country, pop, and rock." I replied.

"Well for one do pop song we can actually understand, not the fast rappers like Iggy Azalea or Nikki Minaj because let's face it, we'll fuck it up and no one will know what the hell we are saying." I laughed and so did the guys and Violet.

"How about for country you guys play that lo cash song you like do much and take it out on me by Florida Georgia Line." Cole said.

"You're gonna have to be more specific on that lo cash song because let's face it, I like a lot of their songs."

"The one that's always on the radio, I Love This Life." I looked at Rob and he wrote the songs down.

"For pop let's play fight song by Rachel Platon, Alaska knows that song, and the night is still young by Nikki Minaj, I know all the rap to it and Alaska can sing the rest." Violet said, I nodded and Rob wrote it down.

"For Rock we need to do at least one Linkin Park song but it needs to be one from their first album, Hybrid Theory. I like the music they have out now but their old stuff was awesome and everyone knows it." Brad suggested. I nodded and went through the album in my head.

"How about paper cut?" Brad smiled and nodded.

"Definitely." we wrote it down and thought of another rock song to play.

We ended up picking I don't care by fall out boy, a song we practiced with all the time when we just feel like playing. when we got everything ready we set up the song list of what was going first to what was being played last. the list started from country and ended with rock.

"We can't really practice until cole
Gets out of the hospital. how much longer do you have left dude?" Rob asked Cole, who was still on speaker.

"I think two more days?" He guesstimated. I nodded

"That's what his nurse told him."

"Okay, well I'm gonna go take a nap. I'll see you tonight alaska. I love you, bye."

"Love you too! Bye babe." I hung up the phone, Rob and Brad made a gagging face.

"You guys are just doing that because you are single for life." Violet laughed and high fived me.

For the next two weeks we practiced and practiced until the Fourth of July came. we spent half the night before and the day of setting up the stage and then night came...

To Be Continued...