The Wedding Part 23

( I know Sonny is Catholic but I cannot write a whole wedding Catholic Mass. Not only am I not Catholic, so I don't know all the traditions. Also did not have it in me to write a two hour long Mass. So we are just going to write a wedding kind of normal keeping in mind things that Catholics do not allow that I know of. For example most Catholics ban the Here Comes the Bride March music. Enjoy the story!)

Sitting in a room in the basement of the church as Sonny's sisters giggled with Amanda as they did their makeup. I was in shock still  I place my hand on my stomach through my robe smiling. My stomach was slightly noticeable, but my dress was made to be more free flowing so it didn't show that I was pregnant.  Looking at myself in the mirror the girls did such a good job on my hair and my makeup. I slid the sliver clip in that my mother and her mother both wore at their wedding. Bella walks over in her dress.
"You look dazed you okay? Not getting cold feet are you?" She teases me.
"No, I just have like a euphoria going on. I can't believe I'm marrying Sonny.    He is the man of my dreams." I felt tears well I tap my eyes softly with a tissue. That way  my make up didn't mess up. Bella gives me a big hug.
"I'm so happy for you two. My brother really loves you. I remember him telling me about you. When you first started dating. He was infatuated, I knew you were special." She says,"I'm glad to have a third sister."
"Thank you Bella, but I think it's time for me to put my dress on. So go tell the other girls to get ready for the big reveal." A huge smile spread across her face as she leaves the room. Pulling on my lace garter that was simple and pretty. I stand slipping on the dress managing to get it hooked and zipped on my own. Placing my veil own and my blue heels. I look at the mirror smiling, I open the door to not only see my bridesmaids I saw my mother and farther. A large smile spread across my face.
"You are beautiful," my dad says softly   walking over to me kissing my temple.  Bella's  daughter was our flower girl with the help of Sonny's mom to walk her down the isle. Amanda was my maid of honor and my bridesmaids are Teresa, Gina, Bella. Sonny's best man was Tommy and his groomsmen are Fin, Dodds, Nick.  Watching the room empty as people walk down the isle. I feel my chest tighten I look to my father he smiles at me kissing my temple.
"You are beautiful." He smiles we where next I take a deep inhale as the doors open. Looking up the isle to see Sonny standing a smile spread across his face, he reached up to wipe a tear from his  eye. Holding back my own as canon in D by Johann Pachellbel starts, I feel my dad pull slightly unnoticeable to the crowd to get me walking. Bringing me back to reality I now notice our family's looking at me standing. My dad kisses my cheek before shaking Sonny's hand, and handing me off to Sonny. Who walks me up to the preist.
"In the name of the father, and of the son, and of the holy spirit peace be with you, amen. Please be seated, I know it means the world to Sonny and Grace that you are all here today to witness this amazing moment between them. I'd like to start the ceremony off with a prayer so if you would all join me in prayer." The priest begins."Heavenly Father we thank you that we are here to witness this special moment for Sonny and Grace, and we thank you that you brought the two of them together. Lord, we thank you for intertwining   their lives and perfectly shaping them to be together as husband and wife. So, Lord we're here today and we're grateful and thankful that you have brought them together and we thank you God. That you allowed their lives to be a inspiration to the rest of us. Lord as we take in the moment this afternoon and all throughout this evening may we have a spirit of Celebration and gratitude and as we commit them to you and pray Lord that this may be a special moment a defining moment that they'll continue to look back on for the rest of their lives. Lord I pray that you'll continue as they go forward as husband and wife that you will protect them and watch over them and guide them and direct them give them wisdom and understanding strength and perseverance and may you continue to reflect your character in them and threw them to each other. Lord we commit them to you in the name of Jesus Christ amen. Sonny and Grace have chose to write their own vowels. So Sonny we're going to start with you and we're going to let you say these very special words for Grace."
"Somewhere between the years of my childhood and becoming an adult I began to realize that each and every day just kind of happens. Without Rhyme or Reason, but as of late I've began to believe in destiny and meant to bes because in this strand of unordinary events our stars aligned in the most unremarkable fashion. A mutual friend, then there was the first Spark that made me burn for you, because you showed me that there was perfection in this life because of you I see perfection in your eyes, and I feel it on your skin, I taste it on your lips, I hear it in your voice. And  somehow you chosen to give me your love, and that has given me hope and that hope became reality when you said yes to be my lawfully wedded wife for better or for worse. You're my best friend and I am so lucky to have you. I love you." Sonny says holding back tears. As he takes my hand in his.
" I remember the day I decided to move to New York. It was to farther my career and that was it. But I'll never forget the feeling I had when I was sitting at my desk and I watched you walked into the office. When I looked at you my chest felt like something had slammed against it, and I felt like I had plugged into something so profound and almost familiar. Still after all this time that feeling is still there when you look at me. I feel safe with you and everything in me recognizes you as my home. I love you, and I will never give up on you. With my whole heart I take you as my husband acknowledging, and accepting your faults and strength. As you do with me. Because Sonny, I believe in you and the person you will grow to be. The couple that we will be together, I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you with through whatever life brings. You are my person, the love of my life and now I'll have you always." I say in tears Sonny wipes them from my cheek.
"As you guys in this next second take the Rings  as another side of your commitment to each other. I want you to think through the words that I'm going to ask you to repeat after me." The priest looks at Sonny, "Sonny we're going to start with you. As you place the ring on Graces finger. I want  you to repeat after me. You ready?"Sonny nods repeating after tree priest.
"I Sonny take you Grace to be my lawfully wedded wife, to make Jesus the center of our Lives. To live together as friend and mate, and I will love you as a person, respect you as a equal. Sharing joy as well sorrow, Triumph as well as defeat, and I will keep you beside me as long as we both shall live." Sonny says sliding the ring on my finger.
"Now Grace as you are placing the ring that you have for Sonny on his finger I want you to please repeat after me." I nod at  the preist.
" I Grace  take you Sonny to be my lawfully wedded husband , to make Jesus the center of our Lives. To live together as friend and mate, and I will love you as a person, respect you as a equal. Sharing joy as well sorrow, Triumph as well as defeat, and I will keep you beside me as long as we both shall live."
"You may kiss your bride." I wasn't expecting Sonny he grabs me kissing me roughly infront of everyone.  The priest announced us as Sonny was kissing me. Pulling away Sonny guides me down the aisle we head to our car with driver waiting to go take us to our reception.