The Church Part 21

The next day at the office we sat around a table  to talk about the case. "Vice claims BX9 is pimping out these girls to cops and politicians. It doesn't seem like the motive for a street gang." Liv turns back looking at the board for a few seconds.

"I'm telling you guys are either the muscle or running it themselves." Dodds adds setting his pen on the table.

"Either way they called my bluff. These to would rather risk a morals charge then name names," Tucker crosses his arms leaning slightly back before rocking forward.

"So we hit another brick wall." Liv turns back to face us.

"Rollin's you talked to the girls at the shelter again right?" Sonny points his pen towards her.

"Yes, Danielle went back to the shelter, Natalie and Marget's foster families pricked them up no one is cooperating." Rollin leans slightly forwardinher chair.

"What about friends classmates sombody knows how these girls got caught up." Liv voice raises slightly.

"I mean we can ask,"Rollins looks at Liv.

"Well, Natalie and Marget both went to Saint Fabiolas. So did Cara the girl Sister Nina got out of there." I add in to the mix.

"Did you say Fabiolas?" Tucker says I nod.

"All girls Parochial Catholic highschool in the Bronx." Dodds adds slightly looking over his shoulder at Tucker.

"Yeah I know. I might know someone who works there my cousin Eugene, he is a psychologist and a priest. Last I heard he was a councilor up there." Tucker steps forward as he talks.

"Last you heard?" Sonny said taken slightly aback. "He is your cousin."

"And a Priest our interests diverged." Tucker said in a tone that kinda of gave off that he didn't care about the relationship to much.

"Estrange Irish relatives how rare." Dodds said in a joking matter.

"Okay, Mind talking to him?" Liv asked tucker as they walked out of the room.

A day goes by Tucker had talked to his cousin. Sonny and Amanda where going to talk to Barba.

"Have fun talking to Barba today." I stick my tongue slightly out at him. He shakes his head letting out a small chuckle before he leaned in kissing my cheek.

Later that day I found out from Sonny that they tried to talk to Cara again but she was dead overdosed.

"Sister Nina told us Cara was in a very good place. That she wouldn't have started using again." Liv started the conversation.

"That's not what Father Akintola told us." Amanda  added.

"Someone gave her a hotshot to shut her up,"Dodds tone assertive.

"To be honest I agreed with him slightly ,but at the same time us interviewing her might of brought back those bad memories made her use again." I say looking to Dodds.

"I'm all for paranoia, but who else knew that she cooperating besides us?" Sonny says.

"Sister Nina, Sister Ida, Barba, and... 1AB." Liv looks to Tucker.

"And Vice cops  I mean they have motive, and NYPD computer access." Dodds again adds in.

"Which is why I made sure not to put Cara's name in the system." Tucker states.

"So no one else at IAB knows?" Liv asked Tucker.

"I didn't even tell my partner." Tucker answers.