We Don't Work Part 12

Bell and me sat in the office I got her something to eat and drink while we waited on Sonny. Bell was very worried. We talked I tried to keep her mind off her fiance.  When Sonny called me. I stood answering the phone.

"I found him, tell her he was at work. He will explain when he gets home tonight his phone was dead." Sonny didn't sound happy.

"Okay," I turn telling bell this she smiles.

"Thank god he is safe. I thought he got locked up." She sighed with relief. 

"Yeah, did you want to wait for Sonny to get back or head home?" I ask her.

"I'll head home," She smiled." Tell my brother thank you."

"She is heading home Sonny."I say on the phone.

"Good because we have to take his statement." Sonny says. His sister waves walking out of the office.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I'll explain when I get there." Sonny says. "Bye," He hangs the phone up. 

I heard Olivia talking to a unhappy Sonny as he walked out of her office as I was on the phone with a detective for another case.

"She is my sister," Sonny says.

"That is why you can't be involved in the case. Neither can Grace." I walk over after getting off the phone.

"Do you understand?" Olivia asks.

"Yea," Sonny states.  I follow Sonny out of the office for the day he begins explaining to me what had happened. He had found his future brother in law at his work he had spent the night at the bar for feeling guilty. He slept with his parole officer but not consequently.  

"So, she raped him?" I asked.

"Yeah, but guys aren't like girls. We don't work." He states.

"Yeah you do maybe you don't want to work but a healthy man. With a little help will get going even if he doesn't want to. Sonny I understand the bad blood. I can see he really cares for you sister and she really cares for him. So why don't you let this play out before getting all upset with him." I take his hand looking to him. 

"Yeah, okay." He kisses my forehead before opening the door to our apartment building.

(sorry it is short not really feeling like writing recently due to health reasons)